need opinon from the pro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need opinon from the pro's

I am planning on advertising in the paper for our event by putting an insert in the newspaper. This paper covers our entire area and the entire city of Gainesville ie 80,000 college students. The cost is 490.00 for 10,000 inserts. If you could only do it for 1 day what day would you choose Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Our event runs the 17,18,24,25,and 31st.

Out of those choices I would pick Friday. Advertising effectiveness is tied to frequency and recency. Since you will not have the frequency go for the recency and try to pull people in that weekend.

In our local paper we have a "Weekender" section that comes out on Thursday. This might be a better option.

Finally, I would not necessarily agree that this is the best use of advertising dollars. Newspaper circulation is declining and your target audience is probably not the typical newspaper reader.

Comment

Tough call. A lot depends on your area and what else is in the paper on certain days. Like Barry, my local daily has a section on Thursday that lists the events coming up on weekends.

That's about a nickel a copy which doesn't sound too bad, but you also have to factor in the cost of having the fliers printed.

Comment

I get three newspapers a week, all of them free "shoppers", none of them ever gets delivered on a Friday, the potential customers are already backing out of the garage before the paper would get to their door on Friday.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

If things work out the cost for the color filers, thats right full color, will be zero dollars. One of our sponsers will print them for free, keeping my fingers crossed on this.
          Originally posted by shawnc View Post
          Tough call. A lot depends on your area and what else is in the paper on certain days. Like Barry, my local daily has a section on Thursday that lists the events coming up on weekends.

That's about a nickel a copy which doesn't sound too bad, but you also have to factor in the cost of having the fliers printed.
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

That might make it worthwhile then. Be sure to save some copies for other uses.

I wouldn't put them under random windshields but there might be events coming up before Halloween where you could have someone in costume handing them out. That's always something that gets people's attention and makes them remember getting the flier.

Comment

One day a week our local paper distrubutes a free edition to every house in the county, all other days its paid subscribers only. Find out if your paper does this and put the insert in on that day.

If not, avoid Sunday, you will get lost in all the Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart ads.

Comment

We are thinking now that this is a bad idea, I would say that 3/4 of them will just end up in the trash. Better to pass them out and put them in places that people will pick them up. The budget is getting tight so thats money that can be spent on getting the word out to people that are looking for a haunt. The insert would be hit and miss.
                Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Ask and see if there is a haunt section in the works during October where other haunts will share one big page in a weekender section.
                  If there is I advise avoiding any clip art images of a generic "haunted house" to portray whatever you are doing.
                  (Who would ever want to demean their individual efforts by grouping with clip art that anyone can use? I have never figured out why people would do this)
                  IS there or could there ever be a generic haunted house?
                  There sure should not be.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X