As of tonight: I will not be opening in 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of tonight: I will not be opening in 2008

Ok, Good news and bad news. I am very upset about this, but it will be very good for us in the long run!

Bad news: I have decided to suspend operation of Shredders for this year. I am very upset about this, but it is for good reason.

Good news: This is all good reason, and I will still be in the haunting business for 2009 and further in the future, I just need to take care of my family right now. I know in the end this will be good for me... and I have a lot of time to learn and get better at haunting in the next 13 months, plus I am really behind on money and this gives me time to catch back up! And... I plan to start completely know and get an awesome scream park going.

There are some reasons I am comfortable with posting... One is we went through Tropical Storm Gustav and there is some damage in the area and to the haunt, however it is nothing that could not be repaired in time, It certainly did have an affect though.

Ok folks, please have me in prayers.

Zack

PS: I will be opening with a new name most likely for 2009.
    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Shred

If you plan on being in this business long term, you made the right decision.

Comment

Thanks, I think I did too
      INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

I plan on opening an awesome attraction for 2009
        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Can I please ask something? Please tell me some really good resources on learning how to put on a really good haunted house and how to build one, I really want a cool haunt next year,
          INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

You'll get there! Good luck. Look at the bright side you'll have more time to go and visit some haunts this season and grow your knowledge and experience.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Keep us posted

Shredman... Network network network... Visit your local haunts if any are near. I learned 90% of haunting from Terror on the Fox and the Nightmare on Broadway by my house when they were open. Go to the tradeshows and talk to people. Get names and numbers. Ask questions on hauntworld. Google everything haunt related and makeyour self a binder.

Best of luck to ya next year buddy...
              Sean De Wane
              ----------------------------------------------
              The De Wane Asylum
              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

^ That's probably the BEST advice anyone could give you right now! I was going to post the same thing until Sean beat me to it!

Good luck next year man, 2009 is already shaping up to be an awesome haunting year! hehehe... -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thank you guys, I have decided the new name for next years new haunt that will have nothing to due with Shredders. Drum roll please....

HALLOWEEN HAVOC
                  or
                  Insanityville
                  or
                  Fearzone
                  or
                  screamville
                  one of those four are some ideas of mine Please pitch some ideas and tell me if any of those are taken.
                  INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Edge of Insanity
                    Lol... I think that may be taken but if not that may be it.
                    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

I have narrowed it down to Halloween Havoc, Fearzone, and Edge of Insanity.

Please tell me which one you think it should be!
                      INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

I like Fearzone but the domain is registered and that is one thing you need to have when you come up with the name. The domain name becomes the hard part these days.

Jim

Comment

as a person who doesnt own a haunt and is just a guest...the name Edge of Insanity would attract me a lot more. Halloween Havoc sounds like fun scary, Edge of Insanity sounds like a shit myself scary lol I'd go with that unless you're going for something a little more tame, then Halloween Havoc is better. just my opinion.

Comment

Zack,

We have been dark a few years then reopened for a few now this year we are closed also. Because of my type of job I have to take 6 weeks off to run the haunt, I just cannot chance it this year, plus, we do not have a viable location. You put family first, that's what you needed to do. We came back after 3 years once, and did more business than in the previous 2 years combined.

You'll know when the time is right. You show your good business sense by letting it control your passion. I know you love it like we all do, but having a really bad year, with a less-than-perfect financial situation at home, could put you out of it altogether if you weren't careful.

Good instincts. Good man.

Tim Harkleroad
                            KroneDaddy
                            Hauntus Emeritus
                            Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                            Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Working...
                            X