Help with Black, Vile-Looking Liquid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Black, Vile-Looking Liquid

What do people use as a food-safe black, thick liquid for actors?

I have an actor with black sclera contacts and I would like them to have some thick black fluid emanating from their mouth.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I am thinking of something like BOSCO but Black.

Thanks!

i would try using corn syrup mixed with red,blue,yellow and green food coloring. Not only would it be a black gue it would make your mouth and teeth all pretty as well.... Good luck washing it off though! lol
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I've seen blueberry jello (still liquid) used... but darken it with food color and thicken it with cornstarch; only add little at a time until you get desired thickness! -Tyler

PS: It may also be best to add cornstarch and coloring while jello is cooking on stove, bring to a boil and reduce it to a simmer. Stir and allow to simmer until it thickens up! Hope that helps.
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We've used an edible black frosting coloring from a local bakery before. It does stain during the show, but washes out once you brush your teeth/wash your face. You can try mixing it with something to make it a little more viscous, but natural drool really retains the color.
        www.mindseizure.com
        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

You can actually get Black Concentrated Food Color. You need to get it from cake decorating supplier.

http://www.amazon.com/Ateco-12-Color.../dp/B00004S1C6
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I've used grape koolaid many times - it gives a great timti to your tongue and teeth, and to thicken it - corn syrup or know geletin at half strength
            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

I have seen corn syrup mixed with toothpaste and food coloring, but I am sure there is a better way then that. That corn syrup blood/slime sucks. Especially when it gets on any kind of hair.
              Jared Layman

Comment

I agree

I change my mind about corn syrup - it's a sticky bug attracting mess, you are sooo right Mindtumor!
                Now - it may not tastes great, but I used vegetable oil and green food color, and had an actor drool for a photoshoot, and it was slick and very gross.
                Also fake blood, the dark venous and green foor color is pretty nasty too. It creates more saliva and gets pretty juicy

Comment

Yuck! That mixture might actually make someone throw up black vile.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

here is the link to what you are looking for http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...=mouthadms.jpg

Comment

Thanks!!!

Thank-You to everyone who responded! Especially given this busy time of year!

I think the corn syrup is out and I may try vegetable oil and/or fake blood with food coloring. I need something for Monday.

Wipp, is this a known legit product/vendor? Name is very familiar, but can't place it.

Katie, I have had that Grape Kool Aid idea added to the bag of tricks since your seminar at MHC. It was an informative and entertaining class. Well Done!

Thanks Again!

Jim

Comment

Cool!

Hi JIm! I'm sorry I didn't realize you were at the seminar! (and thanks for the kind words!) Did you come up to me? Just curious! Everybody goes by 400 names. LOL

Comment

MHC Seminar

Originally posted by Killer Katie View Post
                          Hi JIm! I'm sorry I didn't realize you were at the seminar! (and thanks for the kind words!) Did you come up to me? Just curious! Everybody goes by 400 names. LOL
                          No, I did not get to stay for the entire seminar, but pretty close. I was helping out at a friend's booth who was vending, so my seminar attendance was limited.

Jim Wieloch
                          Graveside Manor

Comment

Hey Jim

The Vender that sells the black Mouth stuff is a very good vender, Ive ordered some diff things from him and it always gets here on time when I need it. I would give him an A on the old vender report card
                            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Thanks Man - I mean MA'AM

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              Hey Jim

The Vender that sells the black Mouth stuff is a very good vender, Ive ordered some diff things from him and it always gets here on time when I need it. I would give him an A on the old vender report card

Thanks Tater! I'll give 'em a shot. Hope all is well!

Comment

Working...
                              X