Firefly / Haunted House in a Box - Lights Alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly / Haunted House in a Box - Lights Alive

Has anyone any experience with either the FireFly Lightning Controller or the Haunted House in A Box setups from Lights Alive?

It looks like the Firefly is comparble to the I-Zombie lightning controllers. The Haunted House in a Box supposedly controls lights, sounds etc. Their descriptions and write up make them look awfully good.

However, I was wondering if anyone has had any practical experience?

Animated Lighting

From what I have seen, Animated Lighting's Haunted House in a Box is very similar to Light-O-Rama (LOR) which I have used extensively. I use them to synchronize a soundtrack to lights. They have ability to switch, fade, and set intensity of attached lighting. Also, have cool effects like twinkle and shimmer.

We have an intro room where we perform a skit that turns into a musical performance. Everything is run off of the light controller. The overhead dialog, electrical flickers, lighting synchronized to actor's actions and music

I think they are a great purchase - 16 channels, 30A controller with MP3 player for around $500. I had trouble finding a DMX controller that could fade four channels for that price. Relatively simple to program. LOR has a tutorial on their site.

I even automated a small museum using the lighting control with a PLC.

Comment

I've got the Animated Lighting 16 channel W/the monster brain.
      It's Ok , For a yard haunt, The factory soundtrack is not that good,
      " if we could get Virgil to do the sound track,! " I'll be the first to order one. lol
      Last edited by campdoc; 09-04-2008, 01:58 PM.
      Ghoul Town

Comment

Doc,

You can't load your own audio track on those controllers? I thought they were similar to LOR.

Comment

FireFly has features not available on other controllers. All controls are accessable on the outside... you don't have to open the case and flip switches, such as accessing dimming mode. And the FireFly FF-501 is the only 5-channel microprocessor-controlled lightning simulator.

Funny you mentioned Virgil, Doc. He just shipped us the finished version of the thunder CD to accompany FireFly.

You can make your own shows for Haunted House in a Box, but you need the Animation Director software to do it.

We believe HHIAB is the best, that's why we sell it, and why it's used at DisneyWorld to light Cinderella's castle.
          Steve Peterka
          Lights Alive
          www.lights-alive.com

Comment

Do you have proof that Disney uses this? I don't believe that for one minute because 99.9% of the software/hardware used at Disney is ALL made in house... they have programmers, writers, etc. etc.

Just saying. -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
              Do you have proof that Disney uses this? I don't believe that for one minute because 99.9% of the software/hardware used at Disney is ALL made in house... they have programmers, writers, etc. etc.

Just saying. -Tyler
              Just answering: http://www.animatedlighting.com/Disney/Castle2007.asp

I think we can believe a principal lighting designer for Walt Disney Entertainment.
              Steve Peterka
              Lights Alive
              www.lights-alive.com

Comment

Nice! Well then, that's awesome! lol... I'm going to have to see if this is as easy to work with as people claim. I have a friend (Joe Thomas) how the lights are set up. That's pretty damn cool! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by LightsAlive View Post
                  FireFly has features not available on other controllers. All controls are accessable on the outside... you don't have to open the case and flip switches, such as accessing dimming mode. And the FireFly FF-501 is the only 5-channel microprocessor-controlled lightning simulator.

Funny you mentioned Virgil, Doc. He just shipped us the finished version of the thunder CD to accompany FireFly.

You can make your own shows for Haunted House in a Box, but you need the Animation Director software to do it.

We believe HHIAB is the best, that's why we sell it, and why it's used at DisneyWorld to light Cinderella's castle.
                  Are you going to be updating your website regarding the Virgil Audio? If I was to order a FireFly Unit, would I be able to get the "Virgil" thunder CD?

Lastly, are there any issues Animation Director software and Microsoft Vista?

Thanks,

JayTeeDee

Comment

Originally posted by GraveStalker View Post
                    Doc,

You can't load your own audio track on those controllers? I thought they were similar to LOR.
                    I wish I had the time,to learn "Animation Director software"
                    I just don't have the time,. I need a simple plug and play system for now,
                    Ghoul Town

Comment

Originally posted by JayTeeDee View Post
                      Are you going to be updating your website regarding the Virgil Audio? If I was to order a FireFly Unit, would I be able to get the "Virgil" thunder CD?

Lastly, are there any issues Animation Director software and Microsoft Vista?

Thanks,

JayTeeDee
                      I didn't realize until yesterday that we don't say on the site that a CD comes with FireFly. That's corrected now.

You absolutely would get the "Virgil" thunder CD with FireFly. We shipped initial units with our own CD, and we will be shipping current FireFly owners the new CD at no extra cost. (Just waiting for the CD/DVD duplicator to arrive!)

As far as AD/Vista, we haven't used Vista. We will check with the manufacturer, and advise.
                      Steve Peterka
                      Lights Alive
                      www.lights-alive.com

Comment

I figured since my name was dropped I might chime in here!

The thunder tracks that I compiled, edited, mixed for Lights Alive
                        involved hours of collaboration, work and tweaking so as to show the true
                        potential of the Firefly.

I am so proud of my affiliation with Lights Alive and, yes, we are
                        working on several new projects involving the Haunted House In A Box
                        product.

More exciting news to come!!
                        Last edited by virgil; 09-05-2008, 10:48 AM.
                        Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

frightprops has GREAT lighting boxes

FRIGHTPROPS.COM has built a great STEREO LIGHTNING controller with Left & Right Lightning control with a GREAT soundtrack as a bonus!

http://www.frightprops.com/frightpro...ct.asp?ID=0796
                          sigpic
                          PEACE, ADAM
                          www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Let me reiterate:
                            I have personally not seen a lightening emulator that
                            can hold a candle to the Firefly in design and functionality.
                            I didn't just fall off the pumpkin wagon when it comes to
                            electronic engineering. Being an amateur techno geek
                            who designs and builds sound modules and having a
                            degree in technology from Indiana University I can tell you
                            this is no under-engineered device.
                            It's built like a tank inside and out with a level of
                            flexibility that is only topped by its user friendly interface.
                            I have spent hours with the Firefly and can tell you, in my
                            humble opinion, this device is a Cadillac!!
                            As I've said, I am so proud (and humbled) to be working
                            with Lights Alive on this unit and The Haunted House In A Box
                            designing custom soundtracks for both.
                            If you haven't seen the Firefly up-close and personal
                            the guys at Lights Alive will be putting a demo online soon.
                            Hang onto your hats folks; you ain't seen, or heard, nothing
                            yet!!
                            Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Working...
                            X