No announcement yet.

Dream Reapers Trolls 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woldn't mind seeing an a'la carte system... like head pieces, masks, chest pieces, arms/legs... etc. etc... all seperate WITH an option to by the whole thing together. That'd be cool! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Hey Larry,

You are right.
      Our Big costumes are perfect outside.
      As a matter of Fact anyone who has our costumes should be using them to get media attention to help bring in more customers by taking them to parades, fairs, sporting events, festivals etc...
      Anywhere where lots of people are gathered where you can distribute your haunt literature. You will get so much attention it is amazing and that always gets media attention too.
      That is what our big systems are best for.

But Larry,
      I also have a little surprise for you.
      We might surprise you with some of the other directions we are going for within a haunt too.
      But I am not ready to release that info yet.

And Ken,
      I really do like what you are doing. And I wish you guys the best of luck.
      Don't hesitate to call me if you want.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kevin,

I'm looking forward to seeing what you and everyone else has. I've been pushing the 'COSTUME AGENDA' on any vendor who will listen. I've been trying to get vendors to make COSTUMES for THREE OR FOUR YEARS... no one would ever listen.

Hopefully now maybe people are ...

Let the battle for costumes begin, start, something! LOL

I do hope people take my advice on the costumes and not make them too tall, to heavy, to hot, and just make them simple to wear and easy to move in!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Hmmm

LARRY DON'T ERASE THIS!!!!

I do hope people take my advice on the costumes and not make them too tall, to heavy, to hot, and just make them simple to wear and easy to move in!

The above statement was made by you ....... today.

Are you smoking crack?

You would have nothing but people running around in diapers!!!

Every costume is too heavy or too hot......do you wear a silicone mask?
          Wait let me rephrase that.....have YOU personally worn one?
          Everyone seems to love them and buy the hell out of a $500 mask.....but you can kill yourself wearing the damn thing.

I can't promise that ours will be light weight.....cold....and short
          But we will try
          Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

So true!

Anything costume wise has its own challanges! Thats why casting the right actor and support from costuming and make-up makes all the difference.

Lots of actors who try silicone masks or any masks for that matter cannot handle the claustrophobia, if they don't fit just right, the other half cannot handle the heat. And when you start talking about BIG heavy suits, fur or stilts forget about it!

But when you get the right person in the right suit/mask you have MAGIC!

The costume HAS to be made with the actors comfort in mind and still most actors cannot or will not do it.

We have many masks or costumes that only one or two actors in our cast can wear, it is just hard!

An example is your guy Sheldon, he does the wheel chair and spring stilts? Even if he wasn't a great actor and an FX artist he would be a find!

My point is and always has been -

You cannot just BUY great characters - you have to buy and maintain the suits/masks/makeup AND recruit/train/cast the right actors for the right suits.

It is hard - Thats why haunters like animations! (But they break and.....)

Thanks!
            Ben Armstrong
            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
            www.Fearworld.com
            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Here here!

Comment

Darn

Ben.....thanks now I am going to have an issue getting him to work.
                Something about his head not fitting through the shop door!!!

Comment

First Ken,
                  Great costumes, I look forward to seeing them at Transworld. Second I know exactly what Larry and Ben are talking about. When I train actors I always tell them about the the costume scale. One one side is looking cool, and on the other is being comfortable. The best looking costumes are not comfortable and the most comfortable costumes do not look as cool. Actors are what need to be cultivated, keep them loving their work and happy, that way they are willing to put up with cooler looking and less comfortable costumes.
                  Another benefit of great actors is that they can make not cool looking costumes into cool characters (Like Tater).
                  As a haunt owner I get upset When a formerly cool looking costume comes back with bigger eye holes and and "ventilated" for comfort. But the actors will alter anything that gets in their way of doing what they love, the bad actors will just quit.
                  Its gotten so bad that I do not buy masks anymore, I make all of my own because most sculptors forget that actors need to see and breathe. I make them withe bigger eye holes, breathing holes and ear holes as well as added ventilation.
                  Larry, I think you are right about what your saying, but Im not sure that haunt owners will buy them, because at the show they wont look as cool. If the costumes are in the dark zone then they stand a chance. Lighting is the key to making these kinds of costumes look good.
                  When this post first started it made me go back and look at some norwegian trolls that I made for my haunt three years ago. They do not look nearly as good due to the lighting in the pic, but in the haunt lights they looked awesome. I made the masks and custom leather belts and loincloths and bracers as well as airbrushed body suits and separate fur hunchbacks, that easily flap up for cooling. I was very happy with those costumes at the time and still am. I think that is the kind of costume is what larry is talking about Looks good but is comfortable for the performer, and it wont show up altered when the actor turns it in. But at Transworld I do not think they will look cool enough to compete with some of the uber costumes. I spend between $200 and $400 per actor (14 actors) each season on costumes (I change my theme completely each year). At the end of each And thats what it takes for a costume that will last and look good, I do not think that most haunters are willing to pay that.
                  Sorry for such a long post about this, but this is what I get on a soap box the most about COSTUMES! So you can see what Im talking about I will post a full light pic of the troll costume I was talking about.
                  I too will be jumping into the costume arena this year, but not at Transworld. I will be making one of a kind costumes. This will keep me from over selling myself as I have learned that I only like to make one of something, I loathe production work. I will be under the moniker Stiltbeast studios but not all of the costumes will be stilts, only about a third of them. I will offer 8 to 12 costumes per show and thats it, when they are they are gone. I will give more details before the debut but I too see a need in the industry.
                  Ken, great work and I look forward to seeing it at Transworld. A tip for silicone mask users, I pop mine in the freezer for a few hours before I wear it and that makes a huge difference in the time I can be in it. I also make two so I can have one in the freezer and switch them out at breaks.
                  sorry for the long read,
                  Allen Hopps
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

oops meant to post this, its a link to the gallery of Trolls I spoke of in my post.
                    http://www.pbase.com/bobfloyd/tot07
                    The greenish troll in there is a loaner costume of mine thats been around the block, he just showed up on the day of the pictures.
                    Allen Hopps
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Well

You are right about how things look in different lighting, BUT
                      We are also adding so much to the suits that in broad daylight they should impress also.
                      At least we hope.
                      I have always had an issue making things....I see where the flaws are......but most people never see them and like the stuff. Too picky I guess!

Comment

Trolls suits are coming together nicely. See you at Transworld. Bring your checkbooks.... you know who you are.
                        Last edited by SHELDON; 01-29-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

ok

Well we are taking a few trolls to MHC for sale.

We will have 15 nurses or so with different masks to chose from.

If we can get them done we will be bringing a few masks for sale.

We have about 3 or 4 corpse suits to bring....no undersuit....just costume

If anyone wants to order this will be the last show we are doing this year.
                          Orders will have to be cut off at the end of August......we have a ton of stuff to do on the haunt this year and I know we will be short on time.....so please order early.

Larry? What happened? Never even saw you take a peek while we were at TW....decide to go back to animatronics?

Comment

Working...
                          X