Arrrrgggggghhhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrrgggggghhhhhh

Well, had a major set back a couple nights ago. We got robbed. Some a-hole broke into our site and stole almost $3000 worth of tools.

Table saw, Chop saw, 3 compressors, 2 cordless drills, fog machine, black lights, electric drills, ........

Felt like I just got racked in the balls.

I even considered calling it quits, but we already have $3000 invested in our haunt this year, we can't accept that loss. Luckily, my friends, family, and board members rallied and brought in more tools and tonight we had a huge work night and put up over 100 8 foot wall sections. So I feel good about the world again, but I sure wanted to kick someone's ass for a few days.

We had to install some security measures, more $$$, its just keeps adding to the cost and taking money away from the kids were trying to help, that's what really sucks.

But, we should have all the walls up this weekend and start putting the props and decoartions in place, then the electronics, its looking good.

Just had to vent a little.

Just Hope Now...

The thief doesn't accidently cut their hand off with the tools and then sue you!
    (Or maybe they strained their back stealing?)
    Did I hear that more people are in jail in this country right now than any other time?
    I guess they musted have missed one criminal?
    Who would know the tools were even there?
    Good Luck, sounds like a group effort was inspired by the unfortunate event though.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It's horrible when things like that happen! Not only does it hurt you, but as you mentioned, it hurts the charities you may be donating to. Which sucks. File a police report. Hopefully they'll be able to track down whoever did it.

Best wishes in hoping that your show does well and you recup the extra $ you ended up spending!
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Boni, I'm so very sorry to hear about this. Apparently, haunted houses are the victims of choice right now.

Thieves don't care that they hurt kids.

When I was seven months pregnant with my second child, I inadvertently walked in on a couple guys robbing my mother's house at Christmas. (I didn't learn they were still in the house with me until later.)

The a-holes unwrapped each gift under the tree, taking only the ones of value to them. Lucky for me, they did not want a griddle!

Sarah
          Sarah Meier
          Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
          "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Working...
          X