Another Tradeshow Emerges... click here to learn more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tradeshow Emerges... click here to learn more

Yes yet ANOTHER haunted house tradeshow has emerged this time in England...

You've heard of HAUNTCON now get a load of SCARECON

www.scarecon.co.uk

What do you think?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

It's across seas they probably needed something closer to them, and if it supports haunters i say"Hell Yeah""

"Would you care for some crumpets with those bodyparts ?"

Comment

Whatever, it's not like it's going to be in competition to anything over here.

Especially since it's taking place in late September. Whats up with that?
      Jordan Renda
      www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

1.00 p.m. Registration and coffee.
        1.30 p.m. Guest presentations and forum discussions.
        3.30 p.m. Props showcase over coffee.
        4.30 p.m. Haunted Attractions trade association discussion.
        5.30 p.m. Formal events close.

3:30PM Showcase over coffee, should that not be over Tea and Crumpets? LOL! Actually I me a few haunters from England this past tradeshow season, and they had told me there are not a lot of haunts over there. Good for them, must be exciting and scary to be a pioneer....
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

What ho! Just one of us jolly old Englishmen replying! Been out all day scrumping apples and dancing round maypoles!

Seriously though - thought the crumpets joke was VERY funny - and YES - I had crumpets for breakfast this morning!

Anyway, nice to see that a few of you are interested in us over here and what we are up to. I am part of the team behind ScareCon and through our attractions and review site (www.hauntedattractions.co.uk) we have pulled together this event

I know a few of of you are questioning the timing but for this year it is not a "buying" event. It is pure education and information sharing event and as such we have EVERY major (and minor haunt) in the UK attending. For a small country -that's a hell of a lot of haunts, and over the last few years, we Brits have come up with some amazing ideas and concepts (just browse our site for more details)

Next year is where the fun begins and if any suppliers want to tap into a new and exciting market then look out for the official announcement of ScareCon 09. In the mean time, after next weeks event we will update www.scarecon.co.uk with news and pictures so you can see how it all went.

If anyone has any questions about the UK industry please feel free to contact me directly!

Michael
          www.hauntedattractions.co.uk

Comment

I wish them lots of SCARES and few CONs. Here in the states there are way too many CONs.

Comment

Good Luck with your event.
              We have lots of customers in the UK.
              Great customers who love the business doing everything they can to create a whole new entertainment industry over there. Tulley's Farm for one.

And by the way. I regularly have tea and crumpets in the morning. What most people don't realize is over here they are called "English muffins". hahaha
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Good Luck to our brother and sister haunters in the UK, by the way, who is the dealer over there that sells all those funny teeth?

;^P

just a bit of a giggle mates.

Timmy
                KroneDaddy
                Hauntus Emeritus
                Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Very funny low blow Timmy!

Seriously, best of luck to you guys there Michael. With such an amazing wealth of History over there and atmosphere I'm sure there is huge potential.

Allan

Comment

Sounds great to me! I am in full support of each and every gathering that promotes the Haunted Attraction Industry. Best of luck to you!
                    Originally posted by Jordan24 View Post
                    Whatever, it's not like it's going to be in competition to anything over here.
                    Especially since it's taking place in late September. Whats up with that?
                    Wow, Jordan. Why do you feel the need to be rude about this? A group of Haunt owners are getting together to share ideas. What’s wrong with that? This gathering is all about promoting the Haunted Attraction Industry and nothing more. It’s not like everything is a competition. This event can only help the Industry.
                    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Good luck with the event. We have had many Haunters from the UK on the show.

I think it is long overdue you get a Con going.

Haunt On - if you want contact me and we can get you on RFR to discuss how it went.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. But what is it with you Americans and our teeth?

First there was Austin Powers and then Family Guy always seems to rag on us (still find it hilarious when the Drunken Clam was rethemed into an English bar and after Peter goes in and speaks to one of the English guys he spouts out "Holy Crap they turned it into a gay bar!")

ScareCon has over 60 attendees, representing EVERY major haunt in the UK from the big corporates through to local farms.

I have spoken to many US manufacturers who are interested in our market and have had some very welcome support in the form of brochures, sample props etc

Once it's all over we will post more details on our site and let you all know here

Toodle Pip!

Michael

Comment

Lord Grimley and his Goons wish you good luck Michael and I hope everything goes well.
                          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Just kiddin about the teeth Michael.

Cheers

Timmy
                            KroneDaddy
                            Hauntus Emeritus
                            Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                            Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Hey no problem Krone - I find it really funny!

Well I'm pleased to say that ScareCon was a massive success. A full room, an attentive audience and positive feedback all round. Discussions and networking went on well past 2 am this morning for about 30 of us so yes we all have very sore heads today

Will do a full update tomorrow but US Suppliers be warned. The Brits want to see your stuff over here - a LOT more, and ScareCon 09 will be the place to show it!

Michael
                              www.scarecon.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X