When is everyone opening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is everyone opening?

In looking at the calendar for this year, I noticed that October 1st is a Saturday. For those of you open on friday's, when are you planning to open? Will you make it a five weekend season and open on September 30th or are you going to wait until October 7th?
    September 30th
    75.00%
    October 7th
    0.00%
    Open on Fridays but not Sept. 30th
    25.00%

Deadly Intentions is opening on Sept. 16th. This years calendar sucks! Halloween is on a Monday. We have been open the last 2 years Wed - Sunday. Although we have at least covered the cost of operations on Wednesday's, we have decided not to open on Wed. this year. It will give our actors 3 days off a week to recover from the four days of ripping their throats out.

We opened the last week in Sept. last year to great crowds. This year we are offering more incentives to come out early in the season so, we are keeping our fingers crossed that we will have reasonable attendance. This will help with our goal to be open year round in 2007. It will let us see what kind of interest there is off season.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted House
    www.DeadlyIntentionsHaunt.com
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

7,8,9,14,15,16,21-31

Thats out calendar for th year!
      www.Doomsdayproductions.com
      www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Of course I'm OPEN every night , but I have seen some Septembers and Octobers that were so lonely until it got to be around the end of October.?
        I see an end-of-the-summer rush to come here before school starts, then "Zero" for at least the next two weeks.
        Maybe some of you others could plan around your local schools and scoop up some decent pre-season business?
        Once they have been there you shouldn't have to work as hard to have them become repeaters. Given the opportunity to see your show before everyone else in a four county area is open is good too. (more chance to come back, tell their friends.)
        I heard once that many don't pay attention to ads, they just ask their neighbors where to go and who to see?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Barry,

Kelly told Rachel that Terror Park wasn’t going to open on the 30th or Halloween, cause he said it won’t be worth it. Is that true? Attendance on Sundays generally stinks, but I was hoping it might be a little better this year, because Halloween is on Monday.
          We are debating on whether we should end it on the Saturday before, as well.
          We are definitely going to open on Sept. 30th.
          sigpic
          Louis Brown
          Owner, operator, and dish washer
          at
          DarkWood Manor

Comment

We are opening September 23rd. Septemeber weekends are fairly slow (and mostly our 'fans'), but it's very good to see how things are working before the crowds come in a few weeks later. It's almost like test runs that people pay for!

-- I
            -------------------------------
            http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Louis,
              That is what brought up this question. I was talking to Kelly Friday evening and we were discussing the pro's and con's of it. we will probably open on the 30th and get five weekends out of it. One of the things we find is that it isn't as much proximity to Halloween that determines the crowds but how many nights you are open to build up the word-of-mouth advertising. I think no matter what weekend you open it will be small and build from there. As for Halloween itsdelf, no I cannot see us being open on a Monday. We also do not do Sundays and last year we dropped the first two Thursdays as well.

Comment

We'll be open a short season this year. October 28, 29, 30, 31. The 27th will be a full rehearsal night. Yay for the small guys!!!
                Steven
                Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

Dates

I am not going to be open the 1st Saturday. It seems it is always dead the 1st weekend. I will be open on Sunday the 2nd, but at a discounted price, kind of a sneak peak night/work out the kinks night. Then we will be open weekends and a few Thursdays too. We will be open on Halloween, very short hours, God, you almost have to be, I mean it is Halloween! but I am expecting a smaller than Sunday crowd and will most likely pay out more to my actors than I take in that night and sit here and cry about it on Nov 1st. :evil:
                  www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

We're open October 28th-31st.
                    Jordan Shankman
                    Frightmare Productions
                    House of Hysteria Haunted House
                    http://houseofhysteria.com/
                    http://frightmarefactory.net/

Comment

We're going to open Friday, September 30th. We're still working on securing a location though. :? Send positive thoughts, good energy, prayers and anything else you think will help, our way!

Kel
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Kel

I am performing in Tampa Tues-Sat next week and then will hang arouund there til the 26th & hopefully get my certification for scuba. If I can find any virgins in Florida I will sacrifice them for you...... Ohh Ohh, looks like your screwed Kel!. JK, I REALLY WISH YOU THE BEST DUDE> IF ANYONE DESERVES POSITIVE KARMA ITS YOU!!! :P
                        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

We at FearFair haven't decided on when we will open yet. This October will be hard on actor's as it could be a long month. I noticed some of the haunted houses are only open a few nights toward the end of the month.
                          What's up with that? Curious, I guess, not meant to be a put down towards those haunts. I am not the person that puts anyone down. In fact, I am the guy that is always ready to put a hand out to help anyone.

So, with that in mind, Kelly, I have been praying for God to make a way for you. Faith my friend, faith.......

Senior

Comment

I believe the haunts that are open only a few days are smaller haunts... POWER TO THE LITTLE GUY!

(just cuz theyre small it doesnt meen anything... its just less space to cram #### into.)

explicitives removed:Frightmistress is watching you!
                            www.Doomsdayproductions.com
                            www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll keep the faith! :wink:

Kel
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X