Theme Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theme Change

Ok so after everything we've done planned everything we have decided to make my home haunt a evil clown carnevil. Ok so we need ideas on scenes, skits, rooms, anything that will help us out, and a nice cheap vendor for really scary clown masks! our budget will be over 650 dollers, we are planning on spending the most on masks so any advice would be nice! This is my first year doing a Haunted House so

Thanks Guys!

-Scarefest13

Make-up Make-up Make-up!

Instead of masks, get someone who can do makeup...

clown makeup is not too hard, and if you mess it up, that is what you need, crazy evil looking clown makeup!

Do a search on google images for evil clown, like penny wise and captain shiner to get exmaples of how to do the makeup.

A clown mask is scary for a brief time, good evil clown makeup will stick with them for life. <evil clown cackle>
    www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

You're on a budget so hit up yard sales and thrift stores. Look for bright clothing and material that you can use for costumes or cut up and make your own. If you can't sew, use duct tape.

I know, as a teenager those are probably the last places you would want to be seen by your friends. But it's either that or sell everything you own and get a couple of full-time jobs real quick so you have the money to pay retail prices.

For a circus look, use strings of pennants/banners like you get at Oriental Trading or make your own out of colored paper or scraps of cloth. Balloons are also a cheap way to fill up a lot of space. There are a few CDs of creepy circus music out there and that will probably be the best $15-20 you could spend.

I agree that make-up is the way to go. If you really want to buy masks and props, this place looks to have good prices: http://www.hauntedprops.com/index.as...=SEARCH&Page=1

Some other ideas:

A skeleton on a trapeze. It will distract everyone's attention up and let you scare them from below.

An empty cage with bent bars. When people look inside, have someone dressed as a gorilla pop out beside or behind them. Make the bars out of PVC pipe and heat a few of them so you can bend them.

A spinning disc with a dead victim strapped to it and a knife sticking out of her. You know, like the knife thrower missed and hit her a few times accidentally.

Have a small sideshow. Have a half man/half woman (use your imagination and half a wig with lots of makeup on one or the other). He/she could flirt with both men and women who go by. A man that turns into a wolf. Have him fall down in pain, slip on a mask and gloves, and jump up and attack.
      Last edited by shawnc; 09-08-2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X