Haunt Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Photos

I wanted to share some new exciting photos and get some feedback on how much importance haunters in general put on photos of their event or props. I personally believe our haunt would not be nearly as successful without the extremely good and professional photos taken by Artifact Images. Dan and Sue Plumpton have been photographing my haunt for years and they have been a crucial part of it's success. Without these photos the website would look like crap and new potential patrons would be skeptical of buying a ticket to something they couldn't see a sample of first. I took photos of these same props below with my camera and there is no comparison! They looked horrible. Dan and Sue have captured how the props really look and with the angles and lighting have created some awesome images that can now be used on Tee shirts, the web site or for other future merchandise.

Dan has made special adjustments in Photoshop to these 4 orange ones. I think they look really cool and have a style that is recognizable as a Haunted Overload image. These photos inspire me to keep plugging away at the haunt when I'm dead tired because I want it to look cool for the photos. Patrons go by the detail so fast that a photo is one way they can relive the experience or see something in detail that they missed at the event. I think photos of this caliber can only enhance the customer's enjoyment of the haunt and help tremendously with marketing like billboards or newspaper ads. Let me know what you guy's think and check out their other work if you get a chance, just please don't hire them away from me in October. LOL! http://www.artifactimagesnh.com/

Enjoy,

www.hauntedoverload.com

I messed with these 3 myself in Photoshop. The first one is the original photo and the rest are various treatments to make them look even more disturbing. I think the green one could be a good tee shirt. Dan nick named that one Crazy Eddy. I figured these may get people into the Halloween spirit. I always feel burnt out right about now and need motivation to keep going.

Does anyone have a favorite from these 8? I have tons more different ones I'll put on the site after the season.

Thanks for any feedback,

Eric
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric,

They look great! I went to your site and saw the videos, great looking outdoor haunt. Congrats on going pro!

Timmy
      KroneDaddy
      Hauntus Emeritus
      Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
      Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

I freaking LOVE your haunt! This is awesome stuff... your props are insane! One day, I'm going to have to come up there and check this out for myself! Keep it up man, and keep posting awesome pics! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Shawnc

Thanks for the advice to everyone. But its to my understanding you don't have a haunt open to the public or own a haunt. Is this advice coming from you for the future? Or from someone else? Shane and its I am just curious Shane this time.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Here are a few more for your enjoyment.

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric,
              Did you make these? If so, you may want to tink about selling them. They look great.
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Something In The ice,

Yes, I made them by hand. I've developed an extensive technique for making these and have tons of ideas for more once I get through this season. I'm working on a giant circus tent-like structure now so more small stuff like this will have to wait until the winter. These are tiki torch heads and will be lighted up for a cool effect. I would like to get into prop making someday but right now I'm focused on making the haunt as good and unique as it can be.... (Along side my day job that is).

Check out this new one Dan just sent me! He used a different lens to capture more detail closer. It looks like it's popping out at you. It's the same face as the green one so it's cool to be able to get totaly different looks from the same prop to be used for many things.

Enjoy,

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Southern Accents

You can't help but stero type -I am from Georgia living in NJ and Pa and get both compliments and razzed on accent and vocabulary - I don't know who remembers but everything from Lil'Abner to Hee-Haw has made us look like booger eating morons - I just smile and let them keep thinking that we are slow -

Comment

I can't believe how quickly a thread can go SOUTH on here. How in the hell can a post start off about taking good haunt photos and end up talking about southern accents and splitting skulls?

Have a great season everyone!

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Originally posted by elowther View Post
                      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]

These photos inspire me to keep plugging away at the haunt when I'm dead tired because I want it to look cool for the photos. Patrons go by the detail so fast that a photo is one way they can relive the experience or see something in detail that they missed at the event. I think photos of this caliber can only enhance the customer's enjoyment of the haunt and help tremendously with marketing like billboards or newspaper ads. http://www.artifactimagesnh.com/

Enjoy,

I agree with you. Photos, a lot seem to overlook when taken them.
                      Awesome props your making and great job on the pics.

Comment

Anychance...and no dis-respect to you guys going back and forth off-topic of this thread...start a new one. Perhaps a Haunt Battle/Fight Thread, so everyone can speak their minds on each other and battle it out there.

This is the time of year everyone is busy and gearing up to do what ever it is they feel is productive for this time of year and holiday soon approching. Lets focus on that and what we all can learn from one another.

Elowther, great stuff as said and sorry your thread has taken a wrong turn.
                        Back on track please folks!

Comment

Thanks a lot Scareshack!

I'll try one more time. This is a banner that will be in an html e mail blast I will send to all the patrons that purchased tickets online last year. It's a fresh new photo they haven't seen and will probably result in some of them buying tickets once they get the e mail reminder. We signed up for an e mail blast account and I think it will work well.

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric

Good looking stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Ghast
                              Damn boy. You sure got a thing about man sex. You gonna come out of the closet? Maybe move to San Francisco? And you're waay off base. The state I live in is right nest door to yours.
                              pssttt...dont add fire! Please keep thread on target, this is a very good thread that doesnt need crap! Yes, I swore..."Crap"!

This is a very awesome thread that makes sense and can help so many!
                              Differences with others take to the battle field.

Comment

Working...
                              X