Has anyone done a flood scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone done a flood scene?

I'm thinking water coming across the floor, coffins floating at you, Tv sets sparking and the dog saying Ro Ro like scooby doo?

Thats what happened tonight in my living room in a non flood plain. Apparently that 6 inches of rain potential expected came all at one time. Wham.

On the bright side, in the future, I will be getting a digital TV, I have come up with the song row, row row your coffin. Plus I have reengineered the outside privacy fence in about 2 minutes of thrashing around, during this little Posident Adventure to take 15 inches of water instead of only 6.

Thank God I didn't have to deal with Shelly Winters. I already strained my back at work today putting cast iron furniture back on a custom pool deck.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

"WaterWorld Part 2"

Toe Jam drowns! Film at 11!
    Now comes the mold, followed by the hallucinations...
    Enjoy!
    "Meet my new girlfriend, she doesn't talk too much."
    "That is the biggest mushroom I have ever seen!"
    "She likes pizza! But it doesn't like her!"
    "Is she an alien? Grey skin, no eyes or mouth... Big head!"
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

If you remember last weeks episode, it was a plumbing problem in the utility closet where the accumulator on the water system sneaked out a continous small stream of water until the carpet was wet, then wetter, then puddles. A big mystery. This was the other side of the room so I'm getting tired of being Moses, parting the green carpet.

Timelapse photography would look like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, everything gets thrown to one side and then thrown to the other side. Sparks. Only no big Octopus here.

I guess you have to be old to know that TV show too? I think Moses got a sun tan and some groovy new hair after talking to the burning bush too! That must be what's coming next.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Anyone out there have a burning bush?
        sigpic

Comment

I'm in California. Not much rain but lots of burning bushes every year around this time.

To do a flood you would have to build the room like they do a Hollywood set - a big tank (or tub) with a pump to remove the water after every scene, with the furniture and props set up inside to look like a regular room.

It seems like the real problem would be mold and mildew after the first couple of days. That's a nice effect to try to duplicate in your haunt but the real thing isn't so great.

Comment

There are pond liners available at Lowes? Pumping would be kind of slow. It could be done if the whole tub/floor was like a see saw? The water could be maintained with a pool test kit but, then it would smell like a pool? Unless it was a salt water pool water system and then everything gets eaten over time.

Hydraulics to move the floor level and pool equipment? It's getting expensive.

Luckily for my situation I have floor drying fans and wet dry vacs. It's just lots of work. I have pumps and pool stuff. Apparently my coffins float. It's all coming together, God showing me a haunted house scene? Or mother nature? I get them confused.

A slightly raised pond, just a few inches of water with a walk way through it and a small version of a wave machine? A large something is lowered into the pond ot of scene to displace water? Oh, crap the water is coming up! There could be water coming in windows or into a hole in the wall but that is just for effect like a water fall?
            sigpic

Comment

Yes we did... last year when our waterfall room didn't hold water we flooded out the whole haunt. LOL

No not really but it would be cool!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

When I got this house there had been no electricity on for two years. The sump pump needs "Juice" to pump, so there was 2 feet of clear, beautiful water filling the 16 by 31 floor. As it reflected it made the illusion of a huge tunnel half filled with water!
                Mold, dampness, considerations involving the electrical service in that room all say "No!" But it would be so neat!
                I had to replace several,large beams right outside the wine cellar that had rotted because of the perpetually moisture-laden air up against them.
                After you put just a mere few inches of dark water in a room then you make little winches to reel in fishline with balls of furr on the end of the line to create swimming rats.
                "Here they come! And you look like a floatation toy to them!"

I was told about a haunted house maybe 70 miles from here who flooded a basement and sent customers down a slide into the water wearing a garbage bag after they had removed shoes and socks.
                The water was dyed red, with rubber body parts floating around in it.
                Then the customer was picked up, footwear returned and let out the door into the brisk October night with wet hair. (Long before the "Wet Look" was "in".)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

When I got this house there had been no electricity on for two years. The sump pump needs "Juice" to pump, so there was 2 feet of clear, beautiful water filling the 16 by 31 floor. As it reflected it made the illusion of a huge tunnel half filled with water!
                  Mold, dampness, considerations involving the electrical service in that room all say "No!" But it would be so neat!
                  I had to replace several,large beams right outside the wine cellar that had rotted because of the perpetually moisture-laden air up against them.
                  After you put just a mere few inches of dark water in a room then you make little winches to reel in fishline with balls of furr on the end of the line to create swimming rats.
                  "Here they come! And you look like a floatation toy to them!"

I was told about a haunted house maybe 70 miles from here who flooded a basement and sent customers down a slide into the water wearing a garbage bag after they had removed shoes and socks.
                  The water was dyed red, with rubber body parts floating around in it.
                  Then the customer was picked up, footwear returned and let out the door into the brisk October night with wet hair. (Long before the "Wet Look" was "in".)
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, I think you must have actually died when you were mowed down by that 18-wheeler 7 years ago. Even though you made your last post twice, I wasn't able to see that you had posted here. It says that drfrighter was the last to post on this thread until I'm posting now. I guess you are now a ghost???
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                    X