Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Knight 3 Casting News

Not haunt related but....

Apparently, Michael Cain (the actor who plays Alfred) has just spilled the beans in an interview that Warner Brothers has signed Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin and Johnny Depp as the Riddler for the next Dark Knight film.

I've also heard (but not confirmed) that Angelina Jolie is lobbying hard to get Cat Woman.

Your thoughts?

Tim Turner
    www.ghoulishgallery.com

Hoffman! HELL YES! I've said it from the start that he should play the penguin! If this is true I'm already first in line to see this movie!

Depp? Well, I don't know... I could see it working, I can see it failing! As long as Depp BRINGS IT and we don't get the same boring Depp that we've gotten from his last films.

Jolie... I hope not. I think for catwomen they should try to find a relatively unknown actress for catwomen! I mean, it'd play in the movies favor. Think about it, the series is already LOADED with top talent: Bale, Caine, Oldman, Ledger, Freeman, etc. etc... it's STACKED with top hollywood talent! I think if they were to find someone who was a little unknown, it'd would work WAY BETTER than throwing on another "a-lister".

Just my thoughts! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I can tell you 110% this isn't true because Nolan has not had any discussion on any level about doing a Batman 3, he's not under contract to do a third movie and is on a 3 month vacation. Nolan has NO projects in line right now.

Goyer the guy who helped on both scripts for part one and two is now working on a movie called 'SUPERMAX' about the Green Arrow, which is to feature Green Arrow getting thrown in a super max prison full of super power DC comic villians and it was to feature THE JOKER. Goyer has recently announced that he has now written out Joker, and now will feature a name plate on a cell door and that is the only thing we'll see of The Joker.

I doubt Nolan makes another Batman personally, although Warner I'm sure will find someone to pick up the pieces, but then Bale might BAIL... LOL.

Batman 3 will be tough to make because if Nolan does another Batman it will be costly, he'd want the FARM probably 30 million plus profits, lucky for Warner they have Bale under contract for a third Batman.

The rumos or Seymore surfaced while Dark Knight was being made, apparently he was to have a cameo. The minute Ledger died they started talking about Depp playing the Joker then it was the Riddler.

I think this is more of a case of internet bloggers WANTING this to be the case rather than it being the case. And if Nolan does do a third Batman I bet he throws a curve ball and has non-traditional villians like Scareface or Deadshot something like that. I can NEVER see him doing Catwoman.

If you watch his movies he doesn't like costumes, cgi, or things that are not within the realm of believablity. Hence Joker was a real person that was not digged in acid. Scarecrow wasn't dressed like a Scarecrow with a but just a man in a mask.

See what I mean?

I DO HAVE A CONCEPT FOR THE NEXT BATMAN MOVIE...

Batman goes after the people who supplied all those weapons to the Joker, hence this is where Hoffman comes into play as our favorite bird. I see Deadshot coming in hired by the mob to follow up on the Jokers plan on taking out Batman but I don't see a Catwoman just no role for her at least not yet.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Both of those actors are old rumors long since debunked. Great ideas, but completely bogus.

It's going to be a few years until we see a new Batman movie, as Nolan will probably do another smaller film like "The Prestige" in between. I wouldn't believe any casting news until 2010 at the earliest.

There you go.

Mephisto the Great
        www.DarkHollowHaunt.com
        DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
        www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

I think we're going to be buried in comic book and superhero movies for the next few summers thanks to the huge grosses of this summer (batman, iron man, wanted, hulk, and Hancock all performed better than anticipated)

I'm hoping that there is still some room at the cinema for the occasional original idea ... or at least something based on a book instead of a "graphic novel"

Don't get me wrong, I loved Batman as much as everybody else -- and I consider Watchmen (a very adult and heady comic soon to be a movie ) to be one of the best fiction novels written in the last 20 years ... but I worry that we're going to be swamped with remakes and comic book adaptions for many years to come.

As I write this, the original ALIEN is playing on cable ... and I find myself wondering if this movie could even get made today. A big-budget sci-fi horror movie that's heavily influenced by 50's sci-fi stuff ... but is still an original idea created just for the screen directed by some british guy with no real genre experience or proven track record in the states? And the creature doesn't show up until 1/2 way through? And there are no teenagers in it? Forget about it.

Now if the script was based on a previously existing comic, tv show, existing movie, or toy ... well that would be a completely different story.
          Scott Simmons
          The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
          http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

DC is totally restructuring much like Marvel to create a film division. Warner owns DC and it looks like they are going to put development of the comics into DC's hands again like Marvel.

The next movie will be SUPER MAX and then FLASH. Same produces from Batman are doing Flash with Goyer attached to that one as well.

They are also trying to develope a Wonder Woman movie...they canned Justic League because they want to do what Marvel is doing with individual movies then a team up.

They are also going to do a REDO on Superman! Batman probably won't happen for 2 or 3 years or at all. If Nolan walks away it will be a LONG time before someone takes those giant shoes.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Not only does Warner own DC but they own Diamond distributing, the ONLY comic distributer. It won't be long before Warner owns Marvel. Think about you own the distributing means you pretty much own the comics. Besides the only thing keeping Marvel afloat right now is there movies. DC doesn't do the movies Marvel does because they aren't in the financial trouble Marvel is. If it weren't for Spiderman 1 Marvel would already be gone.

As far as Batman there is no talks anywhere on any level right now. Just deal with it. Hoffman was rumored to play penguin as Jokers arm dealer before Dark Knight even came out. And I doubt they would have Deadshot in basically the exact same plot he was in on Gotham Knight. Why write the same story twice. And as far as I am concerned if there ever is another movie lets keep Depp out of them. He would not be a good riddler or joker. The next movie if there is one should be penguin and the Black Mask.
              Last edited by mindtumor; 09-10-2008, 06:59 AM.
              Jared Layman

Comment

By the way Mark Millar wants to write the Superman remake bad. It would be a relaunch.
                Jared Layman

Comment

Please

Can we keep this Haunt Related. If not I will have no choice but to remove this thread. Shane and its standing in for Larry Shane this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Shane

Moderate your own self first. This is not your board.

Shane, and it's overinflated ego this time Shane.

Comment

Found this on MTV..

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/09...-good-penguin/

Just a rumor

Jacko and its Shane is freaking annoying Jacko this time

Comment

Beau

Again dont hide behind a screen name who are you? Everyone knows my screen name just like everyone knows Larry's, Pauls, Seans, Nuts, ect screen name as well as their real names.

So did your daddy teach you to be a real man? You say you have been to my Haunt? Whats next to it? You wont find that info on line by the way? You know my real name and my address and phone number its been put here many times. Now its your turn Big Bad Beau whats your real name, number, ect make your daddy proud and tell us. Shane and its
                        Shane Dabbs
                        9749 Hwy 72
                        Rogersville, AL 35652
                        256-247-3517
                        sigpic

Comment

...Christian Bale and Heath Ledger were both in a movie called "I'm Not There" in 2007. It's supposed to be about the many lives of Bob Dylan or something. I dunno, it was really hard to follow (and I am a huge Dylan fan). I wonder if working with Bale on this film is how Ledger landed the Joker part. I'm still in awe of his performance, but I'm pretty sure he could be outdone. Well, he's dead so of course he can be outdone, but more specifically as the defining Joker. I wasn't particularly impressed by ANY of his prior films. "10 things I hate about you"??? C'mon.

-Kurt, and it's you thought I was gonna be off topic Kurt this time.
                          To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

Working...
                          X