Hauntworld RUNNING SLOWWWWW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld RUNNING SLOWWWWW...

Yes I already know this... its getting fixed on Sunday. There has been a HUGE surge in traffic to the websites we have. We do NOT have enough RAM because of all the stuff that gets uploaded to our servers like this message board, photos to your profiles, blah, blah... from one year to the next more and more gets added eating up RAM!!!

Sooo... we have purchased additional RAM to fix the server, it will be added on Sunday, so it will run slow for the next few days and then get fixed.

The cost to run the site just keep going up and up!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I have a bet with someone that Larry wouldn't write a check untill the 15th because that is when the real Internet search peak begins!
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I just checked Hauntworld webtraffic on my server, not googles version.

For some reason the google version doesn't record the traffic right but has more bells and whistles. Anyway...

The first of September 2007 Hauntworld had roughly 4038 visits, this year it was 5,800. The highest peak of traffic last year up to this point was 6200 and this year we've already hit 7400 visits in one day. We are up about 15% over last years traffic so far...

Right now Hauntword is averaging 6,800 people per day...now this does NOT include HauntedHouseOnline.com which runs at about a 60% clip to Hauntworld. Last months average was around 4,800 per day.

We are up 2,000 visits PER DAY ... but that will skyrocket starting this weekend and into next weekend. By the last weekend in September Hauntworld should be around 20,000 plus on Fridays and Saturdays and around 8000 to 10,000 per day.

In October Hauntworld will skyrocket up to 40 to 50 thousand visits per day. So the added bandwidth was added and will be installed by Sunday.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Forget "Bandwidth"!

Get an Orchestra! Messing around with bands still? Were these garage bands?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We still haven't got the new RAM installed on our server but it should be today. Hauntworld is already up to about 8,000 visit per day. By next weekend we should be up around 12,000 per day and by the last week of September about 15 to 20k per day.

The site is already at 5 million page views for the month. That is a lot.

Hopefully we'll get the new Ram up and running before Friday and the site will move a lot faster!

Hauntworld is doing ALL IT CAN DO to grow the sites traffic, keep the site up and running even when the traffic is overwhelming. We have sold a FLURRY of banners over the past week or so... smart on your part!

The site is driving traffic to our customers.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

I agree with Jim, measuring by band width? Skinny band members can run faster than wide band members! Musicians measuring their success by how far their gut hangs out? It's just not right.

We love you anyhow Larry. Thanks for all of this inter web thing.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Did the ram ever get installed ? The site seems slower than it was just a few days ago. Try a server re-boot and see if that will provide some short term help ?

Comment

I agree... it's been SSSLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW around here! I don't think the RAM has been installed? -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Larry

This seems to be a recurring issue every year about this time, why can't you purchase the additional ram every year at this time?

Comment

Not only have I had issues with it running slllllooooowwww while moving from page to page, I'm also getting server timeout messages. Ahh, it happens.
                    www.mindseizure.com
                    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Working...
                    X