Did MySpace work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did MySpace work?

Ok haunters, how much did your attendance increase using MySpace?

I ask 4 haunts to do a simple survey at there ticket booth and ask how
    they found out about there haunt.

Of 4 haunts I've talked to, they all told me that for the amount of time they
    spent working to get friends, it didn't get them many new customers. :cry:

How did it work for you?
    Was it worth the time you put into it?
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Hey Gary. I'm headed to the hospital, taking Mom, in a few minutes. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to run the survey data reports from the ClicknPrint online ticketing system to see how many indicated they found us on Myspace. I will tell you this, based on the number of emails we received from people who found us on Myspace and the number of people who came out for the Myspace Discount, I feel that Myspace was one of the stongest driving forces for us this year. We also received huge amounts of traffic from Myspace to our website! Right now we have about 8,300 "Friends" and growing. Of course, I've spent a great deal of time working the Myspace account with contests, BLOG entries, Birthday Wishes, etc. I plan to keep using it as a marketing tool here. :wink:

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I can not give you hard numbers on ticket sales but we did get several actors who we found exclusively as a result of MySpace. So my guess is if we got as many volunteers through MySpace as we did the .com site then it had to be getting out there. Though we did use http://www.friendadder.com/ at the suggestion of some people we know that have a band. And that really helps blast your MySpace out to your local market......
      http://www.innerfears.com/
      http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Spacestation is a pretty good adder also.

http://www.bottower.com/
        - Glenn Campbell

Haunted Hotel - Louisville, KY
        Industrial Nightmare - Jeffersonville, IN
        http://www.hauntednetwork.com

Comment

Myspace definitely produced for us. It got the word out much farther about our event than it has in the past. In fact, I worked the front room on one of our busiest nights of the season, asking each group where they came from. Not one group all night from the town we are located in, and three hour drives were not uncommon at all...
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

But did they drive for three hours straight up or straight down?
            (I always ask customers this)
            One poor unfortunate complained about standing in line to get in because they drove for "Hours and hours" to get here!
            Then I find out the town they are from is 35 miles from here!??
            "Hours and hours?"
            Tonight a little girl said her feet were cold, (we were in the outdoor part of the tour, she had on no socks) I told her to follow the path and it will take her back into the house........
            Then I couldn't find them.
            They decided to follow the path backwards, and there they were each smoking a cigerette! (She looked 12 to me)
            I guess smoking a cigerette was more important than getting her feet warm?
            I told them that I did not have time to watch them smoke a cigerette.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Strange that you mention an increase in traffic from outside of your local market. The person we had doing spot interviews had pointed out a few nights a very high number of people from outside the area. We were attributing it to just the advertising on internet sources. I had not even considered the possibility of this being an effect of the marketing style though MySpace. Though I am sure we hit a LOT of people who we had never marketed to before using FriendAdder.
              http://www.innerfears.com/
              http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

myspace

My space brought us more strippers for customers.

Comment

Coffins

No complaints from me the ticket taker.

Comment

...and you never even had to break a 20 or a 10 because they all paid with one's.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Damn,

make a note to mine Haunted Hotel's friend list...
                      Brett Hays, Director
                      Fear Fair
                      www.fearfair.com

Comment

Customer-wise it did bring in more people, some of them as far as 2 hours away. So I would say it was worth it, I guess I should of used an adder instead of doing it all manually, but it felt like cheating to me...oh well, next year.

As for volunteers, we had about 12 people say they wanted to help out during the months of Sept and Oct. But they ALL turned out to be flakes, not a one of them showed up. Even after getting confirmations the day before!

So I think I will keep it for drumming up business, but not for helpers.
                        Heartstoppers
                        Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                        www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Not one of them showed up?
                          Consider yourself lucky.
                          You could have spent three hours training them, THEN had them not show up!
                          Been there , done that way too many times!
                          Get them all to show up at the same time to consolodate your training efforts?
                          Ever pushed a rope? Very, very frustrating.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

is there a FREE adder out there??
                            The two listed wanted something I don't have..... MONEY

MS got us most our business and a few workers Plus I plan on using the haunt account to promote our next venture this spring
                            http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
                            Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
                            When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
                            If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Would that venture by any chance be a quasi-religion in which you are the donated to deity?
                              I was considering a move like this myself, tax-exempt, of course.
                              Anybody need some Hoodia? Cheap software? Pirated pirates?
                              Send your money NOW! Avoid the Christmas rush!
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X