Zoning Ok, Roof No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoning Ok, Roof No

we got the ok from zoning that our haunt is fine and our neighbors cant complain anymore.
    however we cannot have a roof of anykind that would block smoke from being able to leave.
    Having no roof really kills the atmosphere, and draws there attention up and away from detail and just downright could ruin haunt, also our fog machines cant handle a room with no roof, cause it will just blow up and away.

So is there any thing out there that i can do that will please zoning and give me some natural partition as a roof, like camo netting or something with holes?
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Camo netting works great, lattice works as well for a semi roof and looks good if the theme allows it. If you run 2x4's across the top of the walls and hang clothes or cheesecloth down it also make for a good open air ceiling.

As far as the fog goes, build yourself a nice fog chiller and keep that stuff on the ground where it belongs

Comment

Or peel alot of onions and make the customer's eyes water and this "fog" effect won't need open air.
      This also makes your place seem really sinister because even the big he-men seem to have tears in their eyes when they exit! "Wow! that place must be brutal!"
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Nick The small haunt I have done each year until we started to a Haunted Trail last year never had a roof on it. I don't think it was an issue since its dark and low lighting. Don't get too caught up in that. The lattice idea is a good one as well just more $$$ to cover that huge Haunt you have built. By the way great haunt you have and if you have more pics let us know I have really enjoyed watching you guys put this together.

Jim

Comment

thanks everyone,
          found some netting i think i am going to use, and in first two rooms probably using lattice

also i will put the link to our final construction photos soon, we will finish it this weekend with our final detailing and decorating. We will be shooting our video this weekend as well.
          been super busy sorry ill just post link to all 500 of our photos taken during construction when i get home,
          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Open top

Someone should correct me here but I think you have to be 70% open to 30% closed. There are several options, textaline is one, its IFR and sold by Rosebrand. Camo is the cheapest I think. Rosebrand also sells a product that can be used as a roof but the seams only melt which allows water and smoke to escape.
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I half-roofed my outdoor maze with sheets of corrugated galvenised steel. This way if it is raining my customers can walk through it, crowding to one side to stay fairly dry, at least to acceptable levels.
              If I had fully roofed it I would have been constructing a haven for birds, bees, bats, spiders.
              The walls are old metal doors.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X