need quotes to put on my room walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need quotes to put on my room walls

greetings. I've always loved putting disturbing quotes on the walls of my haunt. Nothing stupid like...well what the previous owner had (spawn of satan with a crudely drawn rabbit....oh wait...thats satan). But like serious quotes that would b considered disturbing. For example, if any of you have played the video game The Suffering theres a quote on the wall that reads, "Take away a man's light, his clothes, his food, his friends, his air, and you leave him with nothing but himself. And for most, that is not pleasant company. " stuff like that. The only problem is, i can't really find anything lol. I've been searching the past hour and have been largely unsuccessful. If anyone could give me any help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys!

Ah, The Suffering, I remember that game. Here's a few quotes inspired by those very informative load screens:

"The evil here has happened in many places. But here, in this *asylum/house/carnival*, enough blood has spilled that the walls themselves rot and turn on us."

"Many try to bury their sins. But if those sins once walked, once breathed, then they're not gone. They're simply waiting. Waiting in the cold, festering darkness. Waiting for you."

"The sickness grows; like a weed. My veins now flow vomitous oil, my mind, twisted and warped beyond reality. So piercing, so consuming, and yet, so beautiful."
    Last edited by Smiley; 09-18-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

You Want Them Reading?

It slows them down, at least the ones that can read.
      Those quotes all seemed way too long, sorry.
      I once used a board that came from a dumpster, it got installed on a stairway and people would stop, turn their heads almost upside down to read:"Bud, save this board."
      I finally painted over those words of intrigue. I got tired of waiting for them.
      I do have numerous things written on the walls of my outdoor maze, which serves to entertain and distract them as I set up for another "Gotcha!"
      It's fun stimulating people.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

RE: Need quotes...

This one's kind of long, but it's favorite of mine (I think it'd make a killer voice-over for a scene or queque line...) It's from "The Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner" --

"Like a man that on a lonely road,
        Doth walk in fear and dread,
        And slowly walking onward, no longer turns his head,
        For he knows that a frightful fiend,
        Doth close behind him tread"
        "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Quotes

I agree some ar etoo long and Jim's right, it slows people down. I've had the most success with short insane bursts of random thought.
          "Smell the flesh" "Murder is wrong" "Help me" "You don't understand me" "Spidermonkeys under my bed" "No more plastic hangers"
          ACID BATH has some F'd up lyrics: "We eat the toenails of the wise man, under a black god's moon. We dance like painted puppets. She bleeds orgasm in technicolor - an ocean of alien mystery. We eat the wiseman eyes for sight so that we might see the darkeness if we kill the lights fast enough. We eat the brains and hope that our eyes open wide enough. we burn the dry shell in funeral chant. etc... there's a whole dialogue on the one with "POGO the clown" on it. another good one...Earth and sky your cradle, eart and sky entomb you.
          They kick ass for wacked lyircs.
          Last edited by Killer Katie; 09-19-2008, 07:53 AM.
          Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Meaning in the message

I introduce them to the outdoor zoo , since they are in the outdoor maze and warn them about petting the animals, guess what? There are a fair number of actual wild animals wandering around the backyard at night since we are located on the edge of a small cliff overlooking a small river and woods.
            Raccoons and possum have scared my employees upon ocassion.
            Then the coyotes howl by the graveyard and people admire my soundtrack, no soundtrack. Real coyotes, real hungry.
            "Don't pet the yellow doggie."
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Damien, are you looking for lines that would fit your theme? Or just random quotes/ideas?

I find that looking up websites of abandoned places can turn out some weird ones. You can find a lot of "tagging" and freaky quotes. Everything from lines of poetry to one-liners, funny to very disturbing. One that cracked me up was in the kitchen of an abandoned asylum and across the backsplash behind the stove it said, "That's enough John Mayer!" A sort of disturbing one was a small picture of the floorplan of the building. There was a dot depicting "You are here", then another dot that said, "I am over here", and then this giant dot around the corner behind where you were located that said, "They are there."

I agree that the quotes you had from The Suffering are awesome ones, however, they are long, and for as quickly as people generally move through a haunt, they won't be stopping to appreciate them. Maybe you could use one or two of those in the queue line to add to the anticipation?
              www.mindseizure.com
              www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Billy Connelly the comedian said something like:"I'm crazy, and crazy people know things."
                Of course odd things that may not fit into everyone else's idea of this world, therein lies the entertainment!
                A group of actually mentally disturbed people were brought through my house and after I made a phart sound defect in the front room the one guy who was billed as being:"Prone to sudden violent outbursts" simply remarked, "That's gravy."
                The large woman /keeper stood with one leg infront of him as he sat in a chair To slow him down if he "flipped" and decided to do one of his violent outbursts on me.
                The "Gravy" comment was all he had to say during his whole time here, nothing elses happened, maybe he liked me?

I had a simple neighbor who said, "Usually I can tell who somebody is by just looking at their face." (Yes, that helps, more than looking at their ankle!)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'm not saying I'm using the suffering quotes it was just an example i agree that they are way to long for what i'd need

Comment

These ideas may sound stupid to you, but they may also help you think of other ideas, so here goes:

How about famous quotes from scary movies or TV shows?

a couple of examples:
                    from The Shining: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. (you could have this one written repeatedly like a student writes lines down the chalkboard), or
                    REDRUM

from Oliver Twist: Please, sir, I want some more.

from Bewitched: Frank, I have a sick headache. or
                    Calling Dr. Bombay! Emergency! Come right away!

You could also change words in famous quotes so that they still sound familiar but are actually different:

Me Tarzan, You Pain.
                    Stranger Kill Robinson!
                    A twenty saved is a twenty earned.
                    Shearer, Shearer on the Mall
                    Another Day, Another Collar

And if you want to write something like "Help me," you could write it backwards so that it looks like it's being written by somebody trapped behind the walls. Perhaps something more like "Please get me out of these walls!"

Just some ideas to inspire you.
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

well things need to be a lil more sophisiticated....after all I am Damien Warwick, a disturbed genius, a man so traumatized as a youth that he is afraid to live but also afraid to die....I burned my hotel down in order to try and bridge the gap to the netherworld without dying (yeah im a cheater leave me be lol) but I've turned my room into my office and the guests open the door and interrupt me as I begin to conjure my hellhound....I'm looking for some sophisticated, yet disturbing quotes for my walls.

Comment

A Popular Quote Here

At Ravens Grin Inn..:"Fresh Mother-laws, Do Not Open!" on a door in my maze made of doors.
                        I should know about this, I am a son-in-law to five women.
                        Get divorced, you don't get divorced from them you still have this consideration, you are still related to those people.

" Hallway Of The Backwards Brown Door Traveller"...one of the nearby doors is brown and you would only really notice it if you were walking backwards through the maze.
                        If you have a brown back door, maybe we scaed you too much all ready?

"Animal Bite Research----Come right in if you are bleeding"
                        "Toys That You Can Make From Tripe"--from the Illinois Tripe Council"
                        "Poor Excuses From A to N"
                        "Poor Excuses from N to Z"
                        Ravens Grin Dee-Ceptionist (versus Receptionist)
                        "Tuxedo-Land Zoo Do Not Touch or hug the animals, you have not been properly introduced and it might be mateing season!"

" Beware of the Glassey-eyed Stairs", then I drew stairs made of glass eyes.
                        "Jack's Knife-sharpening Shop" (as in "Ripper?")

Do you have a central theme?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

"Toys That You Can Make From Tripe"

That could be a whole haunt in and of itself, Jim!
                          www.mindseizure.com
                          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

People have helped me out so I googled Damien and here's what I found.

Damien loved Edgar Allen Poe, architecture, herpetology (amphibians and reptiles), abnormal psychology, and pre-med. Also loved setting fires. Was into animal mutilations and sexual abuse. Built numerous secret passages into the 13th (top) floor of his hotel that he burned down. Terrified of water moccasins, bees, and yellow jackets. Six-yr-old daughter Lilith was torn apart by a pack of wild dogs. Wife Anastaise hung herself.

Here's a passage from Damien to his then fiancee Anastaise Vereor:

“…I am on the cusp of completing my salvation; a gate of deliverance for me and all who are likewise gripped in Fear’s dread vise. My work will change the world; of that, my darling, I am certain. At last the world will have a tangible evidence of the Great Mysteries, and a doorway through which to ascend and cast down that Great and Terrible Light…”

Since he loved Edgar Allen Poe, I picked out several of his shorter quotes for you:

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.

To vilify a great man is the readiest way in which a little man can himself attain greatness.

I have, indeed, no abhorrence of danger, except in its absolute effect - in terror.

I have no faith in human perfectability.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

Stupidity is a talent for misconception.

The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led.

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.

The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

I am above the weakness of seeking to establish a sequence of cause and effect, between the disaster and the atrocity.

Here are a few more quotes about his issues, with their authors:

The most tangible of all visible mysteries - fire. ~Leigh Hunt

Fire is the most tolerable third party. ~Henry David Thoreau

Never wound a snake; kill it. ~Harriet Tubman

Anger is as a stone cast into a wasp's nest. ~Pope Paul VI

When the flower blooms, the bees come uninvited. ~Ramakrishna

You can always google for more of these and pick your own. I hope you find this helpful!

Carmen
                            Last edited by ForbiddenFruit; 09-26-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

don't trust the story from the website it was typed up by the webmaster who really has nothing whatsoever to do with the haunt and he made me look like a mutilating pedofile lol everything else was pretty much dead on tho lol

Comment

Working...
                              X