Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Top Five" companies I've dealt with. "Escrow

Here are my top 5:
    1-Unit 70-great props, great service, give them an idea and they run with it.
    2-Fright Props/Fright Ideas- very reasonable prices and ships on time.
    3-Scarefactory- Sometimes late but always comes through.
    4-Morris-Tons of items, sometime late delivery due to late catalog arrival. They are at the mercy of their vendors just as we are. If the vendors ship on time, everything is cool.
    5-Little Spider- great service, i think I have one of everything.

OK....I have 2 more

I bought from Oak Island for the 1st time this year and they were awesome.
    Bump in the Night has great products and some delivery issues but always rectifies.

Many other smaller companies have been great too. I've also had my share of negative companies. It's a very tough industry, but for the most part everyone tries their best.

Hope this helps.

Wayne

My top five:

1. Unit 70 - Bo and Brady rock!!! I placed an order with them one month prior to my opening date. They came through for me with time to spare! They will always be number one on my book!

2. Fright Props - Never a problem! Great products and customer service.

3. Ghost Ride Productions

4. Oak Island Productions

Really 2, 3 and 4 all rate the same.

5. Scarefactory. Great products but horrible customer service. If they would just answer the phone.
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

OOOPS...forgot Ghost Ride........Awesome too!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm sorry but I do not feel that lousy customer service or delayed products should merit a company to be in the "Top Five" category. We need the bar to be raised in this industry and allowing sloppy business practices simply because they have a cool product that you may or may not receive and may or may not work properly if you receive it at all is not acceptable.
        Of the companies mentioned above I recommend FrightProps and Little Spider. I have not had the privilege of ordering from Unit 70, Oak Island or Ghost Ride.
        It is really hard to theme a haunt when you aren't sure if the themed props will actually arrive. There needs to be some accountability. If I am required to order at Transworld to "insure delivery by October" then it should be at my door by October (of that year!) or some serious explaining is in order.
        Also, companies never apologize for their mistakes which would at least help a little!

Comment

you guys are talking now.

1.) Scare Parts called delivered and even came to see there props in action. Had problems with a few and they responded.
          2.) Fright Props - Bought hellevator from Doug had problems and he was ready to switch the sound out on Saturday. YEAH HE CALLED ME BACK ON SATURDAY.
          3.) Fright Ideas - Booboxs had 6 under water from a flood for 2 days and still worked and they have stood behind there product and shipped every year.
          4.) Scare Factory = Lets dont answer the phone when were late. Lets make the pickup guy wait 4 hours when he was scheduled. How about fixing our shit after we send it out. Every thing I have ever bought from these guys have broke down and been late. (I am sorry)
          5.) Lafond FX ---- ANSWER YOUR PHONE. YOUR 4 WEEKS LATE and YOU HAVE MY MONEY.
          6.) Studio FX --- CAGE MAZE Call my lawyer. A month late and blame it on me. No instructions, no sound, damaged freight, missing parts. Shows up 2 weeks after I opened. I will post emails and phone bills if you dont believe me. Will not answer the phone...................................... Dots simulate number of calls.

Comment

rocks

I forgot about Oak Island. They rock like Rushmore. If they cant ship they say we cant ship. If they can its there. YEAH

Comment

Your right about Oak Island Inn Reaper, they do rock. This year I needed a bucky with no legs but need arms so the bucky torso would not work for me. I called and told them what I needed and that I didn't want to buy a whole bucky. (I'm cheep) I got a e-mail back with in a day that had a photo, it was a big pile of parts legs, arms, skulls, torsos. They sold me the whole thing for less then one bucky. It was a sweet deal and I'm sure it helped clean up their shop. I used the extra legs, arms and skulls in the pig pit next to the butcher shop.
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Oak Island

I called them in August wanting 5 water blasters. They told me they couldnt get the parts but would call and check to make sure. Called me back the next day and said we can do it and they shipped when they said.

Comment

Left us out

Hmmmmm,
                  Did we get left out?
                  I know we should be in the top 5.
                  You know it too. So I expect a Gore Galore customer to speak up here.
                  Come on, Im waiting....thiddle thumbs.

But I must say the best engineering in the industry is Keith from Scare parts, and they have a great sculptor now too so lets see how their art is this year.

And I also know that Bo and Brady from Unit 70 really do kick serious ass in every way.
                  Every body else I can't speak for because I have not worked with them.

I also must say this is a great topic.
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com
                  www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                  www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                  www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kevin, you are definetly in my top five. I just ordered a reaper lurker from gore galore and the customer service was more than I could ask for.
                    Take advantage of gore galores off season discount while it lasts. It saved me some serious money. Thanks kevin, I got your back :wink:
                    Kyle Nadeau
                    Sinister Intentions Haunted Attractions
                    Owner and Operator of Field of Screams the Haunted Stadium
                    www.HauntedStadium.com
                    HauntedStadium@live.com

Comment

That is awesome,
                      I was just playing around, but a serious thank you for your post.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I deal with about two dozen haunt manufacturers throughout the year (as posted on my Haunted Ventures FX web site) and I can say that without a doubt that Gore Galore has never let me down. One of the things that I constantly strive for (and provide to my customers) is excellent customer service and Kevin has provided it each and every time.

Oak Island Productions has also been an asset to my business, and I have also had the opportunity to work with them first hand at the 2004 Haunted Harvest at Hersheypark in Hershey, Pennsylvania as they designed and built all three of our haunted houses that year.
                        The Haunter's Depot
                        www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

The very best customer service and fastest for delivery have come from these two companies. Little Spider, and Gag studios they are both great! Little Spider has helped me with many questions from repainting props to best ways to hang props on the walls. Gag has shipped me replacement bulbs and has always been very helpful when I've called them. Both of these companies ship and deliver very quickly. These are the two boothes at Trans World I look for first. There quality and craftsmanship is some of the best in my book!
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Top five??? I've got more than 5, but my top 5 would be the following:

1. Creative Visions - www.creativevisionsonline.com and www.hauntvisions.com - Incredible products and outstanding customer service... top notch all the way!

2. Extremetix (ClicknPrint Tickets) - www.extremetix.com - excellent service and excellent customer service... definitely value their customers!

3. The Ghoulish Gallery - www.theghoulishgallery.com - more incredible products and outstanding customer service!

4. Vision Science Studios (formerly CLS Distributing) - www.clsdistributing.com - again, more incredible products and outstanding customer service!

5. Dental Distortions - www.dentaldistortions.com - yet again, more incredible products and outstanding customer service!

6. The Scream Team - www.screamteam.com - one more company providing incredible products and fantastic customer service!

I know, we were supposed to list the top 5. I find it hard to only list 5 and there are more I could list, including some that have already been mentioned, such as Ghost Ride, Oak Island, etc.

Kel
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Now I feel really bad... How could I have forgotten to mention one of the most incredible new products?!?! Another great company with amazing products and 1st rate cutomer service! - SPFX Masks - www.spfxmasks.com

There are so many great companies, I could probably list at least 10 more!

Kel
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X