This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scareparts - revisited

It is simply amazing this kind of crap from Scareparts is still going on.
    Didn't Larry Kirchner say everything was all cleared up?
    I have never bought from this company and obviously never will. Below is a copy of my good friend Kathryn's email. Please send it on to any otther Halloween groups you belong to. We don't need this type of vendor around!
    Karl

I would strongly encourage the entire haunt community to cease doing business with Keith Korner.
    As the owner of a pro haunt I paid several thousand dollars to Keith just after Midwest Haunters '07 (Jul) for 2 props that he said he had on hand and would be delivered immediately for the '07 season. *This was also the same month I was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer and some nights literally drug myself from chemo to the haunt till 7am to try to eek out an income-and which Keith was well aware* I received 1 of the 2 props ($320.00 worth) after opening for the season-no details or apologies on where the main prop was. As the prop was key in my final scene-I was not happy.
    After months of repeated emails, phone calls, text messages AND a face to face discussion at midwest haunters '08 Keith suggested that even though he could still deliver the dragon prop to me-his new vacuum form wall panels might better suit my needs (less detail work to do since the cancer is physically taking its' toll) and he GUARANTEED I could get them "way before I needed them". Again-after many messages and queries as to status (opening set for 9/26) I was told that the wall panels had been shipped-I could expect delivery on 9/18 (8 days before advertised opening!) and that he was in his car and didn't have a tracking number for me.
    I have called repeatedly-I have text messaged-I have emailed. No answer-no return calls-no walls-no refund.
    In a strongly worded email sent late saturday afternoon I told Keith point blank that my grace had run out and I had no more patience or inclination to be pleasant about this. His thievery would be exposed on every forum I could post on-and i would not hesitate to sue for damages. I have made the decision not to open Lafitte's Landing this year-and Keith has direct responsibility in this.

Bottom line-Keith has/is screwing a terminally ill fellow pro haunter for several thousand dollars and has had over one year to make good on his promises but has not. I don't want pity. This is a business and I expect business people to behave in an ethical and professional manner-neither of which I have experienced with Keith Korner. And he's supposed to be part of some vendor's alliance? Sounds like we may need a buyer's alliance.
    I am darn tired of the sleazy manner some haunters are behaving-and I'm through keeping my mouth closed and hoping. Please stop doing business with thieves folks.

Kathryn DeSautell
    Lafitte's Landing Haunted House
    http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Kathryn & Karl

My heart goes out to you. I too know what this feels like and have preached from here to high heaven this MUST STOP!!!!!! This goes for any vendor! My opponent Larry tries to shut me up everytime I stand up for the buyer and voice my opinion on a Vendor that has done wrong. If and when I am booted from this site it will be for this very reason bottom line!!

I have listed many good vendors and I have good relationships with all of them and again my hats off to them! Now back to this issue. Its wrong, wrong, wrong and in some situations the person would have already been put in prison.

I am glad to see that someone else has steped foreward again. This shows that this person has not changed and never will. Just a week or so back Todd (MrNightmarz) was saying he too has not been taken care of. I am sure there are others.

We will hear from Larry that he is 110% sure that this Vendor has taken care of all his past problems and is working and getting product out bla, bla, bla. We will hear the same ole excuse and he will tell you to call him, email him, text him, take him out to dinner, put him up in the Trump hotel and discuss it, contact Larry himself, call Obama, Bush, McCain, he will tell you everything here on his site to protect the bad vendor!!! Why its simple we have all discussed it before its for FREE PRODUCTS OR MAJOR DISCOUNTS!!! Why else would he stand up and protect a bad vendor when hes a buyer? But I am going to do like Larry ask and not turn this thread on Larry this is about a bad vendor!!!!!!!

Kathryn is there anything I can do to help you? Now is the time for the Haunt Industry to stand together and put a stop to this! If anyone out there stands up and continues to protect a bad vendor then we should black ball that person as well. Why? It just shows you that they are shady too! I think we all should stand together and help Kathryn out!!! Kathryn? Karl? What can we do?

I am sure theres major typos ect in this responce I am just so mad and my fingers don't work as fast as my mind and thoughts! Excuse me for that I just cant stand when this happens! Why? I have feelings for people who have been taken advantage of! I can honestly say when I lay down at night and sleep I have never took advantage of a person and have never protected a crook for my own personal gain! I have a feeling there will be two people to respond here Larry is one and you can guess who the other one is!

Larry out of respect for Kathryn and Karl I ask you not to remove my post as its pretty much on the topic thread. Shane and its my heart goes out to Kathryn Shane this time!!!!!
    Last edited by graystone; 09-24-2008, 07:16 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I only agree with Shane 1% of the time and this is the 1%. And the 1% of his post I agree with is buyers should pay vendors on time and vendors should ship product on time anyway. Too bad because I do like those vac-form panels.
      Last edited by mindtumor; 09-24-2008, 07:30 AM.
      Jared Layman

Comment

Like I said in the other thread about this... get EVERYTHING in contract! Don't EVER just hand over cash or write a check. Get a legaly formed contract for EVERY ORDER WITH A VENDOR... and if the vendor doesn't come through, take them to court or press charges.

Also, report this company to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), maybe enough people will stop working with them that they'll wake-up and actually start doing something about it!

Makes me sick! -Tyler

PS: Transworld '09... I'M BRINGING CONTRACTS!!!
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
          Like I said in the other thread about this... get EVERYTHING in contract! Don't EVER just hand over cash or write a check. Get a legaly formed contract for EVERY ORDER WITH A VENDOR... and if the vendor doesn't come through, take them to court or press charges.

Also, report this company to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), maybe enough people will stop working with them that they'll wake-up and actually start doing something about it!

Makes me sick! -Tyler

Good luck getting people to sign contracts. Sounds like you won't be buying much.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Contracts

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post

Makes me sick! -Tyler

I'm with you..Something legally binding

Comment

Tyler

Thats a good idea but here is what happens. Some companies don't have a pot to piss in. So if you do go to court and win there is really nothing you can get as they don't have anything!!! But here is the thing get everyone together thats been riped off and then they can show a fraud case and then they can be put in prison!

Again I love to see people scared! And to think that a vendor caused me not to get to open because of their actions is just WRONG! I feel so bad for Kathryn.

You see Larry when you trust a friend over what others are telling you what happens. I hope this is the case when you always take up for them because they are your friend and not for personal gain! Because when you do that you see what happens? Again INDUSTRY LETS BAN TOGETHER CALL ME LETS STOP THIS AND STOP IT NOW!!!!! Shane and its I care Kathryn Shane this time!
              sigpic

Comment

Contracts

All the years that my Dad was alive, in business he almost never had a contract, if there was one ever, it came from the customer to hold him responsible, not to guarantee any kind of timely payments.
                He also almost never got ANY Money upfront, even though anyone would tell you he (my Dad) was the most honest person you could ever find, especially when held up next to the competitors whose reputation was very poor.
                I have always heard the saying:"Any contract is only as good as the two people signing it." Which sounds like maybe the lazy lawyer's way out of putting forth enough effort on their part?
                My Father wanted to think everyone was honest and good at heart, everyone isn't.
                He left behind an enormous amount of goodwill with many kind words coming from everyone, but no measurable wealth. He made his choices, he just worked longer and longer hours to make up for the slow, short pay.
                Maybe contracts would not have helped that much, but it might have been smart to at least give it a try.
                Would the cost and legal efforts to enforce contracts when doing it across state lines be worth the effort?
                Spending $5,000 because you already lost $2,000 sounds like a rich person's game to me. A game the lawyers like.........
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jared

I dont think any honest respectful company would have a problem signing a contract. And if they do chances are you have just saved yourself money and heartach! Shane
                  sigpic

Comment

Shane

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                    I dont think any honest respectful company would have a problem signing a contract. And if they do chances are you have just saved yourself money and heartach! Shane
                    Problem is the ones that would sign it are the ones that you wouldn't have trouble with anyway. You and I both know there are only a couple of bad fruits out there. The same people you get your stuff from and praise are the same people I buy from and have only good stuff to say about them. I am on your side this time Shane.

P.S. There is no excuse for being a bad BUYER either. I want to throw that out before we hear it mentioned.
                    Jared Layman

Comment

I would sign a contract or promise to deliver the products by the promised date...I have no problem with that. If thats what it would take to make sure you feel safe as a customer what does it hurt?

Again I am sick and tired of hearing this story from what seems the same vendors over and over. Larry does need to quit protecting these people..but as we all know and how he reminds us constantly...its his sandbox!! I'm sure I will hear about that comment..lol.

Jeff
                      sigpic
                      The only place to get more realistic body parts is the local morgue"
                      www.GrossParts.Com

Comment

To be fair, THIS year everyone I ordered from did a great job on my stuff and I got everything in plenty of time. I was worried about one order but it came through looking better than expected. I even ordered some stuff pretty late and got it with plenty of time to get it put up. I did have 2 issues with people that I don't want to air that did cause me to not do business with them and/or prevent me from doing business with them in the future but it didn't have anything to do with getting stuff so it is irrelevant.

Jeff, you guys are the type of vendor that would get stuff out in a timely fashion and do quality work so there wouldn't really be a need to get a contract. I haven't ordered from you but I would and I would vouch for you based on knowing you.
                        Jared Layman

Comment

I know Shane is going to bash me but...

I never said anything about Larry, I only commented on the vendor situation. Larry is a good guy and I highly doubt he thinks it is ok for these companies to take advantage of people, in fact I know he doesn't. I think he only speaks from his experience with these people as we all do. Talking about what he may or may not think takes away from the subject. Lets be fair to him because he hasn't even commented on this thread.

Shane, that being said before you call me a Larry lover or fan or whatever, remember I agree with you 100% on your vendor stance and I wasn't insulting you. This is an important subject and I think it does help out our community to discuss it.
                          Jared Layman

Comment

Thanks Jared for the kind words. Your right Shane a small percentage of haunters do come here...I do feel sorry for Kathryn and I hope she pulls through our prayers are with her. I recently went throuogh this with a family memeber and wouldnt wish it on anyone.

For the vendor or vendors causing this poor woman hardship please come through for her as a matter of fact why dont you double her order or throw in a lot of items!!!

Jeff
                            sigpic
                            The only place to get more realistic body parts is the local morgue"
                            www.GrossParts.Com

Comment

I left a message for both Shane and Gore Galore on this possible proposal.

A chip in for anyone in here reading. A vendor willing to specialty make the items needed to get Kathryn running again, and haunters chipping in to pay for the items and shipping.

The message I left was on this proposal and on my own bit to help, I would be donating 10 copies of Dark Matter and asking Gore Galore to sell those 10 with 100% of the money going towards the items for Kathryn.

Are any other vendors and haunters willing to step in to help?
                              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X