Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based on an argument going on.. How many here are christians?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based on an argument going on.. How many here are christians?

Somebody said that if you polled to see how many people here were Christians you would be surprised. I am just curious to see how this turns out. I will be the first to say, yes i am a christian
    Yes
    69.77%
    No
    30.23%
    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

I'm a christian.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

nice to see your poll doing well.

me dont vote, but carry on

Comment

Im not but our haunt owner is and we do say a prayer with the crew before war evey night, a mention is made in our rules room but we don't preach it .

Comment

I am..

Although I find myself asking God to forgive me as my mouth gets me in trouble daily. Believe it or not its always here. God is loving and understanding and hes forgiving if you ask him. I can honestly say everything I have gotten in life I have him to thank. Its not what I did or how I did it. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME BY HIM! Shane and its God can give and he can take. Think about that Shane this time.
          Last edited by graystone; 09-28-2008, 06:58 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I was the one who made that statement...and yes, obviuosly, I am a Christian as well. Look here...Shane and I are in agreement on something. This is a huge step forward.

Seriously though, Shane couldn't be more right. I also know that I owe all that I have to God. He has blessed me in so many ways with a wonderful wife, home, and a job that I get up every morning excited to do. My faith in God has gotten me through so many hard times and I know that I can endure anything with God at my side.

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philipians 4:13

I pray that we all have a safe, fun, and profitable season and that we all might bite our tongues a little more often...myself definitely included. God Bless.
            Kip Polley
            www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
            We Engineer Fear

Comment

Do Wive's Opinions matter?

They see me as the most "religious" person they have ever known."
              Kind treatment of others and always living everyday so you have no guilt at bedtime to keep you awake are a couple of the "earmarks" to getting along better in our lives.
              Don't all major religions have these basic tennets?
              What "Works", works, what doesn't is not kept by large numbers of people.
              Picking and choosing certain lines or versus to back up one's aggressive arguements has never been the way to cohabitate successfully and pursue true happiness.
              People are much more alike than different, we all have a hungry stomach everyday, we all want what is best for our loved ones.
              A good repution is the product of a livetime, a bad reputation can happen in a split-second.
              It does matter what others think of us or how they see us.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Does laying in bed yelling, "OH GOD!" count?
                ~"Who died and made you f*cking king of the zombies?"

~"Bill, get your own funeral. Timmy and I are going zombie."

Comment

BrainDonor,

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks! I needed that!
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The preceding argument passed me by, but out of interest, why 'Christians' in particular? what about Muslims, Scientologists, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Agnostics, Atheists? or for that matter Pagans? all these would seemingly fall into the No category.

Are you trying to establish how many have a spiritual belief or just those with a Christian spiritual belief?
                    Last edited by Phoenix; 09-29-2008, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I voted (no), but I question the value of asking such a question.

Those in the minority group **may** feel a little ostracized, while those
                      in the Christian camp **may** feel a bit too cozy and happy about
                      themselves.

You see, those who have voted "no" have *not* gone on to talk about
                      how *their* religion/spirituality has condescended to take care for
                      everyone on the planet, including Christians who do not subscribe to
                      that particular belief.

Not trying to be ugly here, but people who are in the majority often
                      find it all too OK to talk about how *their* god is watching over all
                      of the rest of us.

It's just a matter of manners, ya know?

Thanks,
                      Sarah
                      Last edited by Haunting Copy; 09-29-2008, 01:55 AM. Reason: clarification
                      Sarah Meier
                      Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                      "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Sarah,

I'm confused by your post above. I'm just not understanding what you're trying to say. Sorry.

I thought this poll was created because of somebody's misunderstanding of the article in your "Fuming Mad" thread, not what you actually said there, I'm very clear on that.

I really thought that this poll was just trying to establish that Christians actually do celebrate Halloween and haunting. I didn't see it about making anybody feel bad about their religion or lack thereof. It honestly doesn't matter to me what anyone's religious preference is, and I think that most of us feel that way.

I think people's religion is often a private matter and that may be why so many have not commented, if that's what you were wanting. I'm just trying to help. You know we love ya.
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Fear

Your right this poll is to see who are Christians in the Haunt World/Indusrty. All of those who are other religions or if your a monkey swinging atheist sorry this is not about you. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT CHRISTIANS. You may want to start your own pole. This pole is like church if it dont pertain to you or you don't believe or your of some other fourm of religion thats fine just keep it out of this thread. Again its about Christians! Shane and its Our God Is A Loving God Shane This Time!
                          sigpic

Comment

It can get scary.

"Are you with us , or agin us?"
                            We have to identify which god you believe in because we will be rounding up all non-believers (in our god) and eliminating them.
                            History, this history, just keeps repeating itself, another ungodly excuse to imprison and eliminate large groups of people, just "because".
                            And who created all people?
                            This human race behaves very badly.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Shane

Now I think I get what Sarah meant. I think you just made her point. No offense intended, but if you're a Christian, shouldn't you welcome all with open arms? The poll has to be about both Christians and non-Christians or else it wouldn't ask which you are. You may remove that foot from your mouth now. LOL
                              Last edited by FearSeeker; 09-29-2008, 07:35 AM.
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X