Doomsday Prod. and new DVD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doomsday Prod. and new DVD...

I was recently able to get my first viewing of the cover for my new lifecasting DVD that Steve is doing for me, and it looks awesome! Steve is definitely one of the best up and coming graphics guys in our industry...he works really quick, and he takes it well when changes are suggested (which I wish I could say about more people!)...thanks Steve!...

I'm working on setting up distributors...it will be available on the CV site and hauntedhousesupplies.com..with more soon to be announced...here is some info about the DVD......

LIFECASTING FOR SILICONE APPLICATIONS

Featuring Dan Faupel

Brought to you by the creative minds behind Creative Visions, this unique DVD addresses the special needs and techniques involved in working with lifecasting, when silicones are being used in animatronic character construction. This interactive DVD will show you how to prepare for and perform a human head and hands lifecast, as you watch an animatronic character go from the drawing board to install. Besides covering lifecasting basics, you'll also learn about mold-making, and working with sulpher-free clays and silicones. There are also many invaluable tips and techniques on sculpting, as well as pigmenting, patching, painting, and finishing condensation cure silicone. A must for any pro, student, or fan of special make-up FX and animatronics. This DVD has behind the scenes, and other features as well, such as a material list that you can select from the main menu. (no searching and pausing required!) The DVD features the artistry of Dan Faupel. He is currently the Production Designer at Creative Visions, a company specializing in the fabrication of themed environments and animatronics at amusement facilities around the world. See more of Dan’s work at www.CreativeVisionsOnline.com

Lifecasting For Silicone Applications Vol. 1 will be released at the 2005 Midwest Haunter's Convention. It will be available at the Doomsday Productions booth, #45, and the Tri-State Terror booths, #'s 46-47 . At MHC only, the DVD will be discounted five dollars to be only $20. One dollar from each sale will be donated to the new IAHA charity, ICAN, which will help haunters in need. The DVD will work in tandem with the lifecasting workshop Dan will be teaching at MHC.
    Definitely, I play with that stuff and love learning more
    0%
    I've tried before, but it's too hard
    0%
    Never really messed with them, but it's pretty interesting how things can be created like that
    0%
    I don't give much of a rat's ass to be honest
    0%
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Dan, I am looking forward to getting a copy of your video! I've never tried working with lifecasting before, but I'm looking forward to learning more about it! I'm assuming this is what you used to create the pirate effect for Pirates of Emerson??? Is the video available through your site... or will it be soon? Talk to you soon my friend!

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I am looking forward to just help selling it... sounds like an awesome DVD!!! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

:?: Im selling it at my booth... I wasnt informed you were selling it aswell Nightgore.

Thanks for the kind words Dan!
        www.Doomsdayproductions.com
        www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Dan's right Steve, you do amazing work and fast! The artwork you did for me is continually complemented by people. I'm looking forward to seeing the design for Dan's Video. Will you be posting it here? Thanks for your positive contributions Steve! :wink:

Kel
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Kelly...the DVD is almost through postproduction..so no copies available yet, but I'll make sure yours is the first to go out!...the underwater animatronic head we did for Pirates of Emerson was an originally sculpted piece I did that turned out nice, but not quite the same process...the thing that makes him really good is when his jaw moves when he talks, he blows bubbles out of his mouth!...the DVD will be available soon...at MHC, the DVD will also be available at Frank's booths...Frank also has a DVD coming out that he should mention!...too bad you're not going Kel...I'll make a toast in your honor!

They are compliments well deserved Steve...and you should definitley post it up when you're finished!
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks Dan! I sure wish I could go to MHC, but duty calls here at the inn. I need to keep working to pay for the haunt. :lol: I appreciate the toast! When you make it back here to Eureka Springs, I'll have a cold one waiting for ya~!

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks guys, meens alot!
                Now if anyone would like to see what we are all about...
                Visit our booth at MHC (Booth 45)
                We will have work examples, PLUS we are going to be doing something very cool... Details soon.
                www.Doomsdayproductions.com
                www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Working...
                X