REVIEWS, PLEASE.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVIEWS, PLEASE.......

ANYONE SEE ANY OR ALL OF THE "8 MOVIES TO DIE FOR"??? ANY REVIEWS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL AND YOUR FAMILIES. CHUCK .. (I MISSED THEIR VERY LIMITED SHOWTIMES DUE TO FAMILY ISSUES. HOPEFULLY, THEY WILL NOW GO TO VIDEO VERY SOON)

If you're referring to Horrorfest, yes I caught four of them.

UnRestful - Pathetic!
    Dark Ride - Not bad and I got an idea for a scare from it. I will be getting the DVD if it ever surfaces.
    The Abandoned - A waste of time!
    Penny Dreadful - Again, not bad. It's funny because before I watched this flix, I read the synopsis to my sis. It's about a crazed killer stalking a young woman. I said to my sis, "Wouldn't it be great if the killer was a woman this time?" I've been told that I have ESP. :wink:

Comment

Remember, on the original "Friday the 13th" the killer was a woman. The mother of Jason.

Comment

Of course. That's a trivia question that many miss.

However, that was MANY years ago and it's refreshing to see that someone choose a woman once again. The only thing I have to complain about with both Mrs. Vorhees and the Hitchhiker in Penny Dreadful is that they were both given the appearance of men while the majority of the kiling was taking. For once, I wish the female killer would be given the full appearance of a woman. Shape, hair, voice and all.

Can anyone else come up with female serial killers? I know there are other movies such as "Black Widow" where it's definitely a woman. But, I mean movies and killers along the lines of Freddy and Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Empressnightshade
          Can anyone else come up with female serial killers?.
          Don't forget the best, most beautiful, and most evil female serial killers. Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

Now how many guys guys just flashed back to the police station scene and said "YEP, YEP," Be honest.
          http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
          Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
          When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
          If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Nah. Sharon Stone and her "beaver shot" doesn't qualify. Basic Instinct is not a horror movie. Although, I've heard Basic Instinct 2 was "horror"able. :P

Comment

Hmmm, well there was the "female" cenobite in Hellraiser 1. She comes to mind first, although she wasn't really a lead character.

There was a movie out years ago about a woman, and I could be getting plot lines mixed up here because it was so long ago, but her soul was trapped in a tree, and the tree would come to life and steal children. I have no clue what the title was though.

Anybody know?
              www.mindseizure.com
              www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I've never heard of that one, but it sounds great. Let me know if you think of it.

I guess we'll have to go with Samara and the chic from Ju-on or The Grudge as being female serial killers in a horror movie. What a dud! Maybe the type of character I've been searching for in a horror movie should be the focus of my haunt next season....

Comment

auuugh, I hate it when someone mentions a movie I saw and I have in my collection, but I can not remember the title of. Now this is gonna bother me all day until I get home & look through my old beta movie collection... I Think it started with a G......
                  www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

ha ha ha ha My memory clicked in before I got home.

The Guardian circa 1990. about a Nanny who sacrifices children to the spirit of a tree.

Oh yeah! Doing my superiority dance in my office. :twisted:
                    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Thanks, Ron! I was wracking my brain, too!!!! Couldn't remember for the life of me!

Ok, I guess Julia in Hellraiser would count, as well. There were a few in the first season of the Masters of Horror on Showtime, too. One was in the episode called Jennifer (I think that was the title), and another had Angela Bettis in it.
                      www.mindseizure.com

Comment

Awesome stuff!!

A Haunt that is a tribute to women killers in the horror genre would definitely find me in their line.

Not a bad idea. Maybe I'll reconsider the theme I have now and take that one. :twisted:

Comment

You could always invent your own. Maybe someone'll want to make a movie based around your character.
                          www.mindseizure.com

Comment

Saw 2 and 3.
                            The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmaretony
                              Saw 2 and 3.
                              Yes, Nightmare T!! You're absolutely correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X