Haunt world growth good and bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt world growth good and bad

I don't mean to be rude I love the site however I feel that the growth of haunt world has become a little over too much, the front page is filled with graphics that link to many of the same things.

The worst part for me though was when I went to search for a Haunted House, the setup for me was very unfriendly, the left side of the screen was promotional, then I had to scroll forever to look at haunts.

I would like to search by state/zip code/miles from zip code, the top should be paid advertisment for that state also there is many haunts that are in another state then that you are looking at example NY a haunt in PA has been found in there.

Again sorry if the title comes of the wronge way I love haunt world and am very glad to see the growth I just want to help that the growth is in the right direction.

Please take the attached Poll and Feel FREE to check as many choices before submitting, as 2 deal with the main site and 2 have to do with the haunt finder.
    Love it and wouldn't change anything
    10.00%
    Yes I agree the front page has become a little crowded.
    60.00%
    The Haunted House finder is very user friendly
    6.67%
    The Haunt Finder isn't as friendly as I would like.
    23.33%
    Last edited by Terror_Field; 09-29-2008, 12:19 PM.

You Mean?

NY and PA aren't the same place?
    Learned sumpthin everyday. hahahah!
    If the NY haunt is within easy driving distance of PA, maybe they should be cross-listed? For the potential customer's conveinance.
    Some seem to assume that Mount Carroll, Ill, is close to Chicago!?
    We are in northern Illinois but due west of Chicago by 120 miles which can translate into 3 or more hours of driving, one-way.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think that it is important to note that in this poll, you can click on as many of the choices as you want before actually submitting your vote.

And I agree with you about needing an easier way to find haunts by state/zip code/miles from zip code, etc. I've always been amazed they haven't had that.
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
        NY and PA aren't the same place?
        Learned sumpthin everyday. hahahah!
        If the NY haunt is within easy driving distance of PA, maybe they should be cross-listed? For the potential customer's conveinance.
        Some seem to assume that Mount Carroll, Ill, is close to Chicago!?
        We are in northern Illinois but due west of Chicago by 120 miles which can translate into 3 or more hours of driving, one-way.
        LOL Jim gotta love your post you always keep the board awake. As for the driving distance that is where a "distance from " search would be greate but I personaly don't thin it should be listed in a State that it is not.

OR Maybe at the end of the Listings can be a spot with links to places close to boarders of that state.

Comment

Interesting you mention this because we have already taken off several things within the past few days. Secondly I'm removing another big chunk tonight.

Not because I think its overcrowded but because its slowing down the site.

Our main goal is to send customers to your attractions, and second to that bring positive information to the media world. So as long as we meet those two objectives then all the rest is fluff.

Well some of that fluff is killing the speed so it must go, but still I'd like to hear others thoughts an opinions.

arry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The thing that I've always thought was missing is a way to search for a haunt by name or by zip code, like within a few miles of you. It's a nightmare to try to find haunts in larger states, when there are so many listed and they appear to be listed in no particular order.
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
              Interesting you mention this because we have already taken off several things within the past few days. Secondly I'm removing another big chunk tonight.

Not because I think its overcrowded but because its slowing down the site.

Our main goal is to send customers to your attractions, and second to that bring positive information to the media world. So as long as we meet those two objectives then all the rest is fluff.

Well some of that fluff is killing the speed so it must go, but still I'd like to hear others thoughts an opinions.

arry
              Larry, thank you for taking the time to read this post and respond. I started this thread just for that reason, I have been on this site for many years now and have seen this site change and evolve and just wanted to point out the things I have noticed and get others input on the subject in hopes you would read this and take it into consideration to make the best of the site.

Comment

I have trouble finding listings for haunts in my state Texas because there are so many and they appear to be in no particular order. Also, there are so many banners, including one for The Darkness, in Texas.

I also cannot tell if many of the haunt listings are actually in my state because I don't know every city in Texas. Is there a Cleveland, TX? There are so many others to list to ask about.

I want to be able to search and find those haunts that are close to me. I guarantee The Darkness is not. What about the others?

We don't have many listings on the first page because of all of the banners, but the second page has so many that I can't even find all of the ones in Austin, where I live. Then when I do find ones listed in Austin, I've never heard of them. Are we sure these are all active haunts?

What about Phobia in Houston? It has one of two locations in Texas City, which I know was a city wiped away by Hurricane Ike. Is that haunt still operational?

I want to be able to search for haunts in my area or by name. That is more important to me than all of the clutter on the front page of Hauntworld, which I do believe has gotten out of control.

Comment

I didnt vote because you either need a yes or no or somethings need improvement on here. My biggest problem is the vendor locater. Unless its been fixed I like the old one alot better before it was revamped. The search on there is useless! Ive never had it bring up one company ever. And I know the names of these companies I know who makes what. Ive been to enough Transworlds ect to know who makes what over the years. I think it needs the most work. Everything else is great! Im glad Larry kept the Fright Forum he has said in the past he might take it off and just have one forum. But the Fright Forum has stood the test of time and is the most popular. I love Haunt World!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                    I didnt vote because you either need a yes or no or somethings need improvement on here. My biggest problem is the vendor locater. Unless its been fixed I like the old one alot better before it was revamped. The search on there is useless! Ive never had it bring up one company ever. And I know the names of these companies I know who makes what. Ive been to enough Transworlds ect to know who makes what over the years. I think it needs the most work. Everything else is great! Im glad Larry kept the Fright Forum he has said in the past he might take it off and just have one forum. But the Fright Forum has stood the test of time and is the most popular. I love Haunt World!
                    Damon
                    Well Damon what would you suggest to get a good opinion about the site and please use this section to tell the problem and offer some suggestions not just complaints.

Comment

Well to be honest if I had an answer to why the vendor section doesnt work maybe I would have suggested it. If you would read a little closer you would see that was the only complaint I had about the entire site. Maybe go back to the old way the vendor section was set up maybe? It used to work fine then.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Larry:

The front page of HW is already better. I'm of the camp that simplicity is better than overload, and keeping 2-3 areas of focus is better than 10-12. It's more linear, too, so visually it's already easier to read (and it loaded about 3 times faster).

Keep it up!

Mephisto the Great
                        Dark Hollow Haunted Forest
                        www.DarkHollowHaunt.com
                        DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
                        www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                        X