What should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i do?

Alright so here what happened a heavily intoxicated fellow entered the maze the other night, ((Is was blatantly apparent that he was intoxicated because he was tripping where there was nothing to be tripped on and was thoroughly off balance.)) But here is what happened i turned the corner to get the jump on him and he threw a punch faster then i would have thought possible and caught me right iin the rib nocking me on my butt. So once i felt i could stand up i told my superior that i think im hurt and that i have to go to the hospital, it turns out i fractured a rib! So im not sure if i should report this guy is it to late after the fact? Because i dont think he did this in anger or maliciousness i mean he was seeing double of everything as it was im surprised he hit me! Any advice on how to handle this? This all happened my girlfriend said i should warn my boss but in my opinion its over and done with. So what should i do? Report it after the fact or just deal with it as an ocupational hazard?

Is it a year-round professional haunt?

If so, it could be a worker's compensation case. Sounds stupid, but it's true.

Otherwise that'd be between your boss and yourself. Do you know this guy who hit you? You can press charges I would suppose, but it all depends on the state/city ordinances.

And as a general rule, your boss shouldn't be letting ANYONE under the influence in the haunt,. so technically he would be liable.
    Last edited by BrainDonor13; 09-29-2008, 03:52 PM. Reason: adding info
    ~"Who died and made you f*cking king of the zombies?"

~"Bill, get your own funeral. Timmy and I are going zombie."

Comment

It wasnt his fault its hard to tell when some people are intoxicated for all we know his friend who might not have been intoxicated bought the tix. But thats what i dont want to do is press charges against my boss because hes really cool and i dont want to stress him out or ruin the haunt because its a great place that provides a safe place for kids to chill on late nights on halloween, its drug free and alcohol free. So i suppose il just deal.

Comment

Well, unless you know the guy's name and have proof that was indeed him that threw the punch that night, there's not much you can do as far as pressing charges on him.

Comment

When you say "get the jump on him", do you mean get away from him or you were trying to startle him?

If you were trying to get away from him, then good for you. You need to discuss this situation with your boss. In the end, the owner/operator should take responsibility for the next step.

If you were trying to scare him when you knew he was drunk, then you are out of luck.
          Beth Miller

SoMetHinG WiCKed ThIS WAy CoMEs

What can we teach you about fear?

Comment

What we do is when we know someone is intoxicated we tend to try and avoid them but i got unlucky enough to turn the corner into him.

Comment

"If their bartender doesn't want them..."

Then neither should you, or your haunt. Nothing but potential trouble, the very least of which is time wasted babysitting for them when you could be entertaining other sober customers who will remember the house when they wake up tomorrow.
              Drunks, staggering, screaming, puking, pizzing are a total waste of your time.
              (Unless you can get them on camera and sell it to a TV show?)
              Putting 10 drunks through takes as much time as putting 40 sober customers through the house, maybe more time, actually.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X