Chilling Magic at Spookywoods 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilling Magic at Spookywoods 08

To introduce myself. My name is Jonathan Frost and I am a professional Magician. My show Chilling Magic has been seen at a number of haunted attractions as well as 5 star restaurants, antique shops and even as an opening act for legendary horror author Jack Ketchum. This season I am performing every single weekend at Spookywoods. What Tony and myself are doing this year is quite interesting and worth taking note of...

Over the past 5 years my show gradually shifted from a visual show to a psychological one. A visual show is fantastic for que line entertainment. A group of people can step into the line half way through the show, witness someone getting decapitated and instantly understand what is going on. With a psychological show the audience needs to pay attention for a short while before there is any pay off. As a result I reached my maximum potential as a que line entertainer and decided that I wanted to expand my services for the haunted attraction industry into a full length one man show to be watched carefully and appreciated.

Over the past two years many haunts contacted me about performing for their que and of all of them, Tony Wohlgemuth of Spookywoods was the most willing to take a leap with me and try to bring something new and unbelievable to his costumers. Chilling Magic is now its own separate stand alone attraction. Where Spookywoods takes 45 minutes to go through and costs 22$ Chilling Magic is a half hour show priced at 10$

Since audiences sit down and watch the entire show instead of standing and moving around a que line, it gives me an opportunity to perform extremely powerful material that I couldn't otherwise get away with. My signature piece for instance involves slight of hand, psychological manipulation and covert hypnosis to make the audience believe the spirit of a young girl has returned to be reunited with her antique doll. Instead of being witnessed passively the audience plays an important role in the show as they are hypnotized and empowered. As a result, word of mouth spreads like wildfire and has proven to be our best tool in marketing the new event.

Anyway, ill leave you all with that for now... Talk to you later

J~F
    Last edited by JonathanFrost; 09-30-2008, 04:44 PM.

Do you have a website or anything that may have photos and/or videos! I'm really interested in seeing your stuff! Thanks! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

http://jonfrostmagic.com/

Link to his website...
      Bill Rod.
      Dark Tech Effects
      Automated DMX Lighting
      Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Thank you! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sweetness Jon. But you know I dig your magic already.

Each time I see your performance It is something the industry has been waiting for.

Last yr at Goatman you rocked and I know this yr at Spookywoods you will draw the crowds.

mmmmm except those nifty Tee Shirts too, those will see fast too...not sure who designed those for you....cough RFR, cough RFR. hahahaha.

Take it easy good luck in the industry and the 2008 season.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
          http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
          "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
          http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Nightgore... There are several pictures up on the website you have been provided with, there is also more on www.myspace.com/chillingmagic

I haven't posted any videos but I am going to need to soon. I try to keep my routines hush hush if you know what I mean

Jonathan, Your graphic design kicks ass. The banner is a real attention getter and the T shirts are beautifull.

J~F

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for the myspace and additional photos! I'd would suggest putting some videos up, you could only gain from it! -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Jon,

I am going to try to get over to see Tony this year. I started out as a magician and love the association of the two arts, haunting and magic. I look forward to meeting you.

Tim
                KDaddy
                Hauntus Emeritus
                Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Looking forward to meeting you Krone Daddy.

I am happy to anounce that Chilling Magic reached cappacity for both performances last night. Looks like we are going to have to add more show times every night...

Comment

Congratulations, Jon! That's awesome!

Sarah
                    Sarah Meier
                    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                    "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Jon,

I heard about you upping your shows and adding more. SWEET DEAL! Also caught your mentor David London this weekend at Goatman Hollow. He was a great performing artist working the crowd. Got to sit and do one on one with him for a RFR Feature this Friday.

COSTUMES FOR KIDS

Comment

Glad you got to meet one of my early teachers... When I left Goatman Hollow I knew he would be a great replacement.

Comment

Hey Jon,

Was at Fright Kingdom this weekend and caught up with some friends of yours....oh the stories....joking.

But met up with Vlad, Shawn Phoenix and your Ren Fair Buddy. All three are doing a 40 seat theater show on the weekend there.

Great guys, good show and wonderful interviews for RFR.

COSTUMES FOR KIDS

Comment

Working...
                          X