Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh NOOOSS the villagers are getting restless

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/liv...ted.house.knxv

Come on man, just say why you do not want these brother's yard display up. Don't lie, you just don't want to get to know your neighbors and buy all that darn Halloween candy! I mean we all know what the HOA is going to say if they would have asked before hand. I can understand the charging for addmission creating some arguments, but I happen to know in my glass house community there are lots of people making money from their homes.

Man, this sounds all to familiar! Sounds like what we have here is a good ole fashion witch hunt!
    Last edited by milkunits; 09-30-2008, 02:03 PM.
    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

I've always found the idea of a "gated community" to be more disturbing than anything one can find in a haunted house or yard display.
    Scott Simmons
    The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
    http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

That's been in the news a lot here in CA the last few days. At first I was sympathetic, then more details came out. Things like charging $10 to go through and letting anyone who wanted in through the outside gates. That makes it a business. In a gated community? Who did these guys think they were fooling?

HOAs are bad, but then I am sure these guys would have been just as bothered had a neighbor set up an auto body shop in his driveway for six weeks.

Comment

Agreed

I agree with both of you. I see 2 sides here for sure. My hopes are that common ground is found and I see ways both parties can use this for a positive outcome. Let's hope it is treated with adult like actions.

Now for charging $10.00, I may be a little disappointed considering I used to get a quarter to see my mask collection as a kid. Man, it is expensive to see peoples odd things in their garage these days
        Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

I see both sides, you have to get approvals on anything like this... they have built a full blown haunted house, that isn't some cheap looking home haunt they have some major set up there. It really is their own fault, charging money, building mazes, heck yeah I'm sure most home owners would be miffed, who wants a commercial haunt running next door?

On the other hand I give them credit, because I'd do the same thing they did I'd open anyone for one night and give them hell...after all the work they did I'd open to hell with the $2500.00 I'd open!

I must say that haunt looks impressive for a home haunt...I hope they rattle the windows of everyone in the area!!! LOL

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

One way the haunt owner might have averted a problem - and maybe even gotten some free help! - is if he had come to the HOA (Homeowners Association) and offered to split the ticket sales with them.

Remember, it's only a bribe if you get caught.

But really, maybe the HOA needed money to develop a website or something. Maybe playground equipment for their park. Whatever.

Sarah
            Sarah Meier
            Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
            "Words they remember you by"

Comment

I Have Never Figured It Out?

Why anyone would want to live in a gated community where a bunch of Nannies get to make your life more difficult, just because they can!

1 Garbage cans cannot be displayed at the curb any earlier than 9pm.
              2 Garbage cans must be put in the garage out of sight by 10am.
              3 Any truck cannot be parked in the driveway, even if it is brand new and has no commercial lettering on it.
              4 All fencing must be of uniform height and made of the designated materials.
              5 If a free-standing garage is allowed to be constructed it must be sided with the same material as the house.
              6 You cannot display the American flag , it must be the Nannie flag.
              Identified by the words :"We are watching you-We have nothing else to do!"
              Remember the news story about the gated community in Florida that would not allow the American flag to be displayed ?
              A few years later the U.S.Supreme Court said it was OK to display our nation's flag, inspite of the Nannies. So go suck a sour pickle, sour-pusses!
              The luxury of the perfect life! What can I find to bitch about now? What iddly-piddly minute item or imagined important tidbit is out there waiting for me to turn it into an argueing point and a dire cause?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X