Cemetery Tombstones and Headstones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery Tombstones and Headstones?

I had to add to my cemetery for the front porch, but instead of with more flat tombstones and headstones. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good material to crave some headstones out of something? Like the angels and figures in a real-life cemetery? Also, maybe make a cemetery arch, you know?

This is for an example of cemetery arch image below:

Any hints will be very appreciated!
    Non-existent :(
    11.11%
    Small and cozy :)
    44.44%
    Large and spooky :D
    44.44%
    The most awesome house of the dead you have ever seen! :evil:
    0.00%
    Last edited by 31Halloween31; 09-30-2008, 09:28 PM.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Foam board

It'll have to be secured, but foam insulation board is one of the best mediums for carving - especially if you're on a tight budget.
    ~"Who died and made you f*cking king of the zombies?"

~"Bill, get your own funeral. Timmy and I are going zombie."

Comment

Ok, I heard that styrofoam is great to make upright gravestones. And, you can crave and connect parts together to create a stone looking arch. A little paint, and some wooden stakes (for supporting and to mount into the ground) and you can have the perfec arch, right?
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Omg

Sorry to be off topic, but Brain Donor - I love your quote from Fido - that movie rocked hard!

Back on topic - the foam used to make the cemetary crosses carves nicely and is stiff. You can find it in most craft stores.
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Man that Confederate Dead cemetery arch you made was awesome, and that's a huge graveyard for a yard haunt! You keep on brother! :^{P (guy with mustache sticking out tongue)

OK

Oli Holler uses the white beaded styrofoam for his sculptures. Big blocks like marinas use for flotation. He uses a combination of carving tools including rasps, saws, etc.

KDaddy
          Hauntus Emeritus
          Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
          Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

LOL! Thanks. Not too many people I know have seen Fido. It's seriously underrated.

Let us know how the foam works out (assuming that's what you'll try using, 31...) I have some work to do this year myself with some foam core. I'm not sure if foam core is any cheaper.

Comment

You can make the gravestone or headstone with the styrofoam. I o buy more designed ones too. But they aren't as fun... LOL! Also, you may want to put a protective seal on the "stones" just to make it last longer and be stronger.

Foam core? I'll see when I ask someone else if he knows how to do it and more familiar with this. I will let you know more about it later. Thanks for asking!
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

here is my house this is the first year. next wil be the crypt and that will start thewalk through.
                hope you al like it.

have a great night
                Attached Files
                The Care Taker
                John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Originally posted by BrainDonor13 View Post
                  LOL! Thanks. Not too many people I know have seen Fido. It's seriously underrated.

Let us know how the foam works out (assuming that's what you'll try using, 31...) I have some work to do this year myself with some foam core. I'm not sure if foam core is any cheaper.

Foam core? It works well just takes a little longer time than going to the store and picking one out then paying for it... Gosh, so much time! LOL!
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

If you plan on playing after Halloween with some styrofoam stuffs, go to your local fish store and ask them to save you the styrofoam containers. They're about 3 feet square (at our store at least) and they usually don't mind. They're a free way to start playing around with new props. (They don't smell like fish either, as the fish are contained in plastic inside the styro...although a fishy smell would add to the haunt atmosphere. LOL!)

Comment

And, I'm very interested building my own cemetery fence and gate so anyone knows how to do it?

I like something old and rust fence around the cemetery with a good large creepy gate with an old sign board on it. If anyone makes like that, please tell me where I can find some fences or how to make them. How to make a large gate? Thanks!
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                      X