If You Have Multiple Attractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Have Multiple Attractions

So our haunted house is in it's 6th season and this year we expanded from one haunted attraction to three attractions. We put them in order from lowest fear afctor to highest fear factor, but we are only getting about 75% of our customer sto make it to the third attraction, which is our main haunted house.

When we use to only have one attraction we were always please with ourselves to make people emergency exit prior to finishing the haunted house but I feel the customers are missing too much by not going to the main attraction but I want them to finish with the best impression.

Does anyone else have this problem, if so how have you addressed it? Or should I just not care if they don't make it into the third attraction? I guess we put a lot of time into designing the main haunt, Chamber of Fears so I want them to at least go into it.

Thanks,
    Kim
    Dr. Haunt's Chamber of Fear
    email: drhauntschamberoffear@yahoo.com

Do your customers KNOW this "order" of your attractions? If so, WHY? I would advertise all the attractions the same that way when people go they are more inclined to see every attraction!

Also, are you selling seperate tickets for the shows... or one ticket for all three houses? -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

double post, sorry. -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Hi, Kim

I'm a marketing writer and not a haunt owner, but there is a principle for writing persuasively that might also apply to your haunt.

People tend to remember "first things" and "last things," so in writing, it's a rule that you always put your weakest argument "in the middle." Placing the weaker attraction in the middle will help your customers leave with a positive opinion.

In your case, I would place your strongest attraction first. Customers will then definitely feel compelled to go into your second attraction. When they are deciding whether to go through the third, it's my opinion that they would choose to go. They've already seen how good the attractions *can* be, so they're going to want to know what the last one is like; whereas, with the attractions going from weakest to strongest, they haven't seen enough promise to wager in favor of going through.

Maybe for the remainder of this season you could step up the actor-scares in the first haunt?

Sarah
        Sarah Meier
        Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
        "Words they remember you by"

Comment

We had 6 attractions when we were last open in 2006. We numbered our houses but didn't force anyone to go to them in any order. Are you making them go into house 1, then 2, then 3? We never had a problem, almost everyone went thru every house, but we sold it as one price for all houses. We didn't allow them to only buy 1.
          Brian Warner
          Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
          Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
          Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

A Chain..

"Is only as strong as it's weakest link."
            Strong ends don't count if performance is judged via total action of the item, bending in the middle never impressed anyone!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X