How to make a duck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a duck?

Ok i know this may sound wierd but i am a clown this halloween in a well known haunt in my neighborhood. And im crazy, i talk to my hand thinking its a duck and what not so i decided to make a duck sock puppet. However im completely at loss how to do this, i was thinking cradboard to frame the mouth then googly eyes with a yellow sock. Any ideas? Thanks everybody!

-Zackary J

I would use a snowcone cup for a mouth.

Comment

your at a loss as to how to make a duck sock puppet? that amazes me. are you in the right business? Just make one, dont think on it to hard, just make it. then tell us how great it came out. You can do, heck its cheap, make several and pick the best one.
      Allen Hopps
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Excuse me, But i am not at loss at how to make one, i miss worded the earlier post. So please i dont appreciate the almost snide comment. I was just wondering because i need the mouth to be very defined and i wasnt sure how to do that be it card board, or some other method. As i cannot just make the mouth by ussing my fingers in the sock, it keeps slipping . So if your not going to be helpful and criticize wether or not i should do this then please dont even post. Its not appreciated nor wanted.

Comment

Sculpt a beak out of oil based clay. Spray it with Kryolan Crystal Clear. Cover sculpt with 3 to 4 layers of newspaper strips coated with white glue. Let dry. Cut paper beak apart where upper meets lower with a razor knife and remove clay. Paint paper beak and coat with polyurethane. Glue to sock.

Comment

Its a sock puppet are you going for realism?, it does not sound like you are. Have you tried to make one yet, and if so what exactly went wrong? To me I do not see a need to ask about this, but I did give honest advice. Make a sock puppet, as stated in my earlier post. Take an evening and make ten of them, sit with scissors and cardboard and figure it out. Also have tape, tape makes a great hinge for cardboard, make a top and bottom for the bill with a tape hinge. the problem with that is you need a place to hold it, so make a ridge (out of cardboard) for your fingers to grip and a tape loop for them and your thumb on the other side. My remark was snide, I cant imagine asking for help making a sock puppet. If it was just a sock and you said hey duck and made it turn its head. then your audience will believe its a duck. And because it does not look like a duck your character will come off as crazier than if it did.
            Long ago I got sick of people who will sit at a table and draw up plans and do research and never ever really do anything. That really annoys me, Im sure that in the time it took me to write this post you could have made a killer sock puppet if you sat and tried. Make the puppet, as I said in my earlier post "then tell us how great it came out". I mean that. Someone recently asked about making a prop axe and I gave a decent post on the subject. Look at all the posts I have ever made and you will see 90% of them are me helping other people, but yes I will get ticked occasionally when i see that they can figure it out for themselves if they just try, in a shorter time than it takes me to post how. Im sure your bright, and it is after all a sock puppet. Make it and be proud. Do not over plan a sock puppet, just build it. Plan your haunt, down to every light bulb and screw, and especially plan your budget and stick to it. But before you ask, try to figure it out by your self first. You had this, you did not need help.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I had tried and i had a hard time with a defined mouth, which is why i asked. I have tried, as i mentioned above i mis posted i should have asked a good way to make a mouth outline that looks realistic for a duck but will last. So, i have tried. I do not just ask and not try, that would be silly i am not that kind of person. I have tried a great many things multiple times. Cardboard doesnt work and other things i have thought of eg. cardstock, poster board, stuff bought at michaels thats easily manipulated. I mean i dont just ask, so dont ASSUME that i havent tried. Its rude and presumtious. So you get angry or "ticked" for no reason.

Comment

If you work all night and just get the Duck's body made , you are "paying Your Dues", Mr. Duck says:"You can bill me later!"
                (But if you forget to bill me I won't be doing much talking!)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X