Attendance Up or Down???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance Up or Down???

How is everyones attendance? Is everyone up or down right now???

Both of our attractions are up right now, but its kind of a wierd season because one day its way up and the next its down from the previous year but the up days are more up than the down days.

Its great that gas prices keeping getting lower, that helps!

So how does it go?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

We are up, no joke, 400%. I was expecting a dismal season between gas prices and the economic problems, but that's not been the case at all. I really don't know what to make of it.

We changed our radio advertising from running whenever the station placed it to only morning and afternoon drive and added some cable television spots... not sure if that's the reason... Oh well, not looking a gift horse in the mouth as pappy used to say!
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

We are up about 20% over last year. Down about 5% from 2006. It seems like we are going to have a pretty good season. The customers are loving this years show so, I am hoping that word of moutn spreads quickly.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
      Deadly Intentions Prison Escape
      www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

A Ten Dance

Having been open 19 years, year round, like every night, I can tell the rest of you that I have seen Octobers where almost nobody showed up during the first two weeks of October , I think it was because the weather was too nice!
        Nobody was thinking "October". The leaves begin to turn and fall , a chill in the air and suddenly they show up.
        I always hear customers telling me they were here 3-5-9-10 years ago, to which I would like to ask them, "So where have you been in the meantime?"
        The answer would have to do with school, Army, jobs, marriage, kids, moving hundreds of miles away.......
        So far this season I have underestimated the numbers of customers who will be showing up, but then how important are mere guesses anyway?
        The business will be what it is, illreguardless.
        I used to have a better intuition with this stuff, infact I would even get an ESP "heads-up" as to which customers were coming here on a given night!
        One time I "knew" this one young woman was going to be here about 8 hours before she decided to make the drive.
        We weren't "involved" she was just a customer.....(who happened to be on the same mental link as my brain must have been?)
        "Life is strange, if you take the time to notice."
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Spookyworld

Saturday night was a record breaker for and opening weekend at Spookyworld!!!
          Great reviews and how can you beat the combo of roller coasters and haunted houses...we love our new home!!! This will be the biggest Spooky- Season ever!!!
          Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

When an economy slows down, the entertainment industry actually sees gains. People are looking to "escape."

Congratulations to you all!

Sarah
            Sarah Meier
            Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
            "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Good year

Our opening weekend was up significantly from last year. Very similar to our best year, 2000. Our pre-opening/dress rehearsal was a record breaker by far as we had invited many to a free night for the shake down dress rehearsal.

Looking forward to this weekend!!
              Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
              Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Well lets just say that Our numbers were LESS than expected being that thieves stole the majority of our road signs! Lesson learned, next time Ill be keeping our signs plainjane and not so frigging COOL looking..... Hoping a new strategy will work for next year!
                Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

John,

Are you still running a haunt in Salem? Glad to hear about everyones success...

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I can say this in my opinion,

When people work all week and the bill collectors call every day the one thing you want out of life is happiness so what better way than entertainment!!! in this case haunted houses...

Jason Blaszczak

http:// screamlinestudios.com

Comment

We're up about 75% over the first weekend last year! The new location is proving to be a good move! : )

Kel
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

the haunts i have been to and the owners i have talked to said that their numbers were up for the first weekend...hopefully it continues....

maddi
                        WWW.SCREAMLINESTUDIOS.COM
                        440-392-2666

Comment

Let us not forget that durring the great depression. When American's were at their porest. King Kong was released and changed the face of adventure and horror forever.

People would spend their last pennies to get a chance to experience the terror and adventure that Kong would provide. Today is no different...

Comment

I second that!
                            sigpic
                            PEACE, ADAM
                            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

We are doing pretty good, sales are up from last year. Getting LOTS of positive feedback from customers!
                              ~Bill Mlinac
                              The Deadland Haunted House
                              www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                              www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X