This just doesn't make much sense...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just doesn't make much sense...

So I've been acting at this haunt for 7 years now and i'm really good at what i do..well i think so, but can you believe that they don't even really remember me everytime I come back...0_o?! I usually have to beg for the part I want or else I'll get stuck with the horrible parts that no one wants. I mean I know you have to start somewhere, but I've already been there and done that you know lol. The best year was last year cuz I actually got what I wanted and did make-up which was kool, but this year I have a feeling I may be getting that lame part no one wants. I think its time to move on after this year lol. Anyone else get that or no?

How many actors are there at the haunt? It could be that there are so many people working in the haunt, that you just blend in with the crowd. Another reason could be that the owners/coordinators don't know you personally or you haven't spoken to them face to face all that much. As for getting the position you wish to get, well, it isn't always about who wants it the most. It's usually about who is able to play it with the right angle, with the right demeanor, or who fits the right physical build. The latter doesn't always apply, but sometimes that's what the owner wants. Other occasions, the position is first come first serve. If what you are given isn't what you had in mind, then talk with the person in charge of signing parts. Say that you've been thinking about doing "this" for one night and if there's anything specific they'd like you to do or say. Something the other guy might not be doing or doing well. If you get the position, then at the end of the night ask the person you were just talking to if what you did was good enough and that maybe you could run with it for the rest of the season. If you are still unable to get the spot and there's something you'd rather be doing than acting a "lame part", then ask if there's anything else they could use you for.
    Last edited by Smiley; 10-07-2008, 12:54 AM.

Comment

There are no small parts.

Just small actors. Think about how a Hollywood actor who is not getting top billing acts so outstandingly that they steal the show, maybe even get nominated for an award...
      What is acting?
      I think it is engaging the customer in what you are saying or doing, a distraction if you will, this usually requires time, timing, enough light to show them where you are or aren't to set up the fooling goofery.
      I once had an actor here who walked around just looking at people, saying almost nothing but he really got everyone's attention. Maybe because he bore such a resemblance to "Riff-Raff" from Rocky Horror! (No, it's not me, I look like other certain serial-killers from certain popular old movies, at least this is what some people have always told me.)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

you both make some good valid points, but i've done everything to make my presents known haha...and trust me, this HH is not one to cast people according to where they fit...majority of the actors are children...0_o..yeah..no..just no lol.

thanks! =D

Fridays the first night...i'm ganna get the obnoxsiously* early lol..i'll report back..

Comment

Working...
        X