IAAPA Show...who is going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAAPA Show...who is going?

I know we'll see a few more vendors, err haunt vendors this year than in years past such as Gore Galore, going for the first time, but who else is planning on vending or attending IAAPA.

You know when a vendor buys a booth they are given free tickets to give to buyers... you can hit them up!!!!

Who wants to go and what vendors are going?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I think I'll be there, or I'm at least going to try to be there.

Do you know of other haunt vendors attending. I tried checking their website but the list of vendors was so long I'm not even going to bother right now. I think I glanced upon Spookywoods FX though?
    Jordan Renda
    www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Free ??

I may go at the last minute if the haunt does real well. Last weekend was a record setter, weather is very good for this weekend, and web traffic is ahead of last year.

And I have almost 100 hours of vacation left from my day job. The wife is out for the year, so I may have to go it alone.

Sunny Florida just may be possible.
      Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
      Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

SpookywoodsFX will definitely be there, Im just speaking on their behalf. I will be down there for a few days as well so itd be good to see some haunt friends.
        Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
        [n8 creative studios]

Comment

I will be attending this year, not sure if anything has been planed but i think we should have a haunter get together .
          HHA Member

Comment

Is this like Transworld and you need to meet the requirements to get in or can anyone go?
            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

This is something that we're evaluating as well, and I'd be curious to hear other opinions. Is there a real benefit for haunt owners to attend IAAPA? I'd be curious to hear any pros and cons from anyone who has attended in the past...
              Scott Simmons
              The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
              http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

I really don't see a point to go... all the same haunt vendors will be at Transworld plus all the other haunt vendors. If seeing HPI and Gore Galore is the only reason to go to IAAPA... please, just wait for Transworld!

Most of IAAPA's vendors are way out of the league for seasonal haunts! These people are catering to theme/amusement parks... not haunts.

See you all at Transworld!

-Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
                  I really don't see a point to go... all the same haunt vendors will be at Transworld plus all the other haunt vendors. If seeing HPI and Gore Galore is the only reason to go to IAAPA... please, just wait for Transworld!

Most of IAAPA's vendors are way out of the league for seasonal haunts! These people are catering to theme/amusement parks... not haunts.

See you all at Transworld!

-Tyler
                  Tyler, IAAPA brings new innovation to the game , that could possibly bring more income to your attraction. Yes they don't have as many haunt vendors, but there is a broad variety of resources at hand , such as scenic design, custom props, new ways to entertain your guest. By attending you will have the same access the big boys have which in return will set you that much further ahead than your competition
                  Last edited by Mike Honcho; 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM.
                  HHA Member

Comment

Yeah, I agree... if your a haunt with a $$$,$$$+ yearly budget... but for the majority of haunts, I'd say no. Maybe a few years from now, I might go, but this year... hell no! Just me though. -Tyler
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The benefit of going to IAAPA is to be around industry leaders and innovators. There is lots of crossover in the amusement and entertainment industries. The education on things like marketing and promotions are first rate. Plus they seem to be expanding with more for haunted attraction industry each year. The behind the scenes tour of Universal's Halloween Horror Nights last year was top shelf. You go to see what's possible, and how you can incorporate different things into your haunt venue. As for is it worth it, I'd say so

As for creditials you don't need them to go to this show. It is a pay to go show, with an IAAPA member price and a non member price. The member price is more than 100 dollars to go.

On vendors attending this year, Illusionator, Hollow3d, Froggys Fog and HAM I think are all going. Sinister Scents, Nethercraft, and Haunted Memories were there last year as 1st time exhibitors, not sure if they are returning.

It is a great show. Very different than TW. If you have the opportunity to go, go.

Scaren Karen

Comment

Booked Today

Registered today, which by the way I think is the last day for online registration, so if you're gonna go, register today.

We've been every year for several years, there are several vendors here that you won't see elsewhere, but who knows maybe that will change with the Transworld show this year.

We went on the Universal HHN tour last year, and will go again this year, it was well done, interesting, informative, and overall a good time.

Chris
                        Chris Stafford
                        1331 Entertainment Group
                        Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                        13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                        13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

I will definately be there... Say hi to me, I wont be far from the Spookywoods FX booth helping Mark Goodson...

J~F

Comment

What's everyone's agenda?

Flying in on Wednesday evening, probably do TEA party that night, Universal Halloween Horror Nights tour on Thursday evening, afterwards??? Friday evening???

Point being, in past years we've met up with some people at Bahama Breeze, anyone have an agenda or planning on meeting up there, or anywhere else?

Chris
                            Chris Stafford
                            1331 Entertainment Group
                            Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                            13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                            13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Originally posted by JamBam View Post
                              I may go at the last minute if the haunt does real well. Last weekend was a record setter, weather is very good for this weekend, and web traffic is ahead of last year.

And I have almost 100 hours of vacation left from my day job. The wife is out for the year, so I may have to go it alone.

Sunny Florida just may be possible.
                              100 hours of vacation left??? Dude, you suck! (Just kidding)

Comment

Working...
                              X