Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frightmares

My theme is "Frightmares"
    And it's basically a persons' worst fear and nightmare put together.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Room suggestions?
    Props?
    I've got a few big costumes including, Shadow Stalker, Giggles, Cotton Candy, Big Top, and a nasty butcher costume from fright catalog.
    I used all of those last year, but I'm using them again this year.
    Help!?!
    Brad
    http://www.bradlowentertainment.com

I suggest insects. Very few people like em'. Much less when they're up-close.

If you wish to design a room around this concept, here's a few ideas: Big trails of them on the wall, a few on the floor, a strobe flashing on and off to create the illusion of movement (have stobes as the only source of light), a speaker playing the sound of many, many, bugs clicking and squirming. If you feel like adding one more effect to the scene, a bag of Critter Crunch wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Smiley; 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Bugs. Yes, bugs would work. Put me in a room with any chainsaw-wielding murderer, but don't put me in a room full of bugs! ewwwww!!

Sarah
      Sarah Meier
      Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
      "Words they remember you by"

Comment

A better use of strobes in a bug room is multiple strobes placed apart from each other, using different strobe rates. This really creates the illusion of movement. Another idea is for the actors to be wearing normal looking clothes with bugs glued onto the costumes. Other bugs can be attached to the costume by fishing line. When the actor spins around in seeming panic the fishing lined bugs will fly away from the actor towards the patrons.

Comment

What is critter crunch? Like peanut shells?
          ~"Who died and made you f*cking king of the zombies?"

~"Bill, get your own funeral. Timmy and I are going zombie."

Comment

Evil clowns, chainsaws, creepy crawlers, total darkness, madmen, torture devices, blood, dead bodies,
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Has anyone ever found anything cheaper and locally available to use in place of Critter Crunch?

I'm helping with a haunt this year and can't justify paying that much. Bubble wrap would probably work out to being just as much. Packing peanuts/popcorn might work but I have found that they have to be left out in the sun for a while to become brittle before thay have any real pop.

I think things like this and the strobe suggestion, as well as things like Sinister Scents, are great because they hit the senses in a different way or use senses that many people aren't expecting.

Comment

try kitty litter, or peanut shells

Comment

Basically that critter crunch from what ive seen is broken up walnut shells. I made a whole bucket of it last year. Walnuts are falling out of the trees as we speak. If your not lucky enough to have one in your yard go to the park and start picking up a bunch.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

You can also get crushed walnuts shells at any pet store that sells reptile supplies. (Bad for reptiles, but good for haunts - now that I know what critter crunch is!)
                    ~"Who died and made you f*cking king of the zombies?"

~"Bill, get your own funeral. Timmy and I are going zombie."

Comment

Here is an idea, don't have any actors.

Then you will have my worst fear in there. It is called covering all the spots yourself.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                      X