A Bad Haunt Owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bad Haunt Owner?

The nerve of this haunt owner. A out-of-towner comes to San Diego to cash in by opening a new haunt. They first name this new haunt "The Haunted Motel". This sounds a lot like "The Haunted Hotel", an established haunt in the downtown area. After they are told that they will get into legal trouble over this they change their name. Their new name is "Mayhem Mansion". This sounds real close to "Monster Manor", an established charity haunt in San Diego. I ask you, how sleazy is that?

They probably figure there is no need for them to do as much advertising if someone else has already done it for them. But you're right, it's wrong for them to do that. It has to be someone trying to make a quick buck off someone else's hard work.

Comment

On the other hand

It could just be a lack of creativity, not necessarily a maliscious act.
      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

That's a good point. But as a business owner you have a responsibility to take a look around and make sure no one already has a business with the same name.

Here in California you can't file for a business notice (called a Fictitious Business Name Statement) if there is one with that name around already, although I suspect they don't check that closely. Of course I'm sure that whoever is doing this has an actual corporate or business name and just sticks this name on the front of the building to draw attention.

Comment

Same goes for NY. When you apply to become a legitimate business, you have to run a name check to make sure no one else has it. (We had to do this for our Polish folk dance group.)
          ~"Who died and made you f*cking king of the zombies?"

~"Bill, get your own funeral. Timmy and I are going zombie."

Comment

But both names they used were not THE SAME. Granted, they were similar, but that happens all the time with products. I don't see why it should be any different here.

Comment

It's called "causing Confusion in the Marketplace" and is not something legitimate, honest businesspeople do.

Comment

I agree with Katie on this one i think its gotta be a lack of creativity. I mean its rather hard to come up with haunt names that arent already in use that blatantly tells you what the place does without them having to tell you. For example, Haunted Hotel your expecting a haunted house. But i dont know Mayhem manner sounds to me like an amusment park ride not a haunted house.

Comment

Working...
                X