What scares you most about clowns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What scares you most about clowns?

Alright im a clown at the haunted trails and i want your opinion weather your scared of clowns or not.
    The General Insanity of them.
    38.46%
    Their overall creepy factor, i mean who likes a guy who wears grease paint in his spare time?
    38.46%
    Their Laughs
    7.69%
    They are TOO cheerfull...makes me think they have a secret...and not a good one!
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
    Alright im a clown at the haunted trails and i want your opinion weather your scared of clowns or not.
    Im not scared of them, but I do understand people's fear of them. They really dont make sense the more you think about them. Just kinda bizarre

Comment

I agree! But for some reason they just freak people out. But id appreciate you voting on what you think scares people who ARE scared of clowns.

Thanks!

Comment

The only thing that scares me about clowns is that they are way to overdone in haunted houses.
        Beth Miller

SoMetHinG WiCKed ThIS WAy CoMEs

What can we teach you about fear?

Comment

Ok could you elaborate on that, you mean the actors characters are to over the top or....they put to much emphasis...they are a cliche even?

Comment

In my opinion, and I realize it probably isn't a popular view, clowns have become incredibly cliche in haunted houses.
            They don't surprise anyone anymore, very rarely does one clown really look different from another as you go from one house to another and the clown costume and mindset that goes with the costume tend to take away from any potential that the actor might have to come up with original dialogue or characterization.

Not scary!!!
            Beth Miller

SoMetHinG WiCKed ThIS WAy CoMEs

What can we teach you about fear?

Comment

Mmmmmmm well actually you do make a good point a lot of haunts do have clowns but think this, a lot of haunts dont have clowns either. And honestly unless you can come up with some insane makeup that no one has ever done before i dont think its fair that you say that. I enjoy being a clown because it allows you to create your own individual crazy character that dont always have to be scary. I mean this is the entertainment business after all. Of course you will ALWAYS scare those people that suffer from coulrophobia.

Comment

I too am a clown in our house. Yes, they ARE overdone. But i'm a slider. I'm wearing knee-high Demonia boots, black pants, pinstriped shirt, white suspenders, gas mask accessory, and I'm going to have half of a face....i'm pretty sure that's not typical or "overdone."

HOWEVER...we do have a clown room in our house. It's got a stage, that puts the actor approx. 4ft above the floor. Which makes them around 3 ft taller than the average person. Hightens the scare factor. But, our room is done in back-alley graffiti, w/ clown smiles and faces on the walls. When the blacklight gets it's power, the walls actually appear to be 3D. Really cool effect, and I think it's going to work great.

As for them being overdone...yes. They are. So, how do you overcome the monotany of clowns? CHANGE IT. Try to twist it a bit more. Think John Wayne Gacy, mixed with a bit of Capt. Spaulding...

Comment

The only thing that is scary to me about clowns is John Wayne Gacy was one.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Alright i have to bring this up to all people who play clowns in haunted houses doesnt it irritate the hell out of you when people quote "Why so serious!?". Maybe this is just me but it bugs me because im not joker im Dr. Giggles im my own entity. The thing that bugs me the MOST is the fact that i have had this clown voice and my character going about 3 years before the movie((The Dark Knight)) even came out so i have it down to a refinement, what i mean is that my voice sounds like heath ledger played the joker so i get that quoted at me constantly they are like "Oooh you sound like the joker!" and i always respond "NO the joker sounds like ME!"

Comment

Well...maybe it's the way you dress?

I won't know how they react to mine until Friday. I'm sure i'll get a few of the same things you're getting...but it's just the way it is...right?

Just make sure you distinguish yourself from the movie. that's why i'm not going to have hair, or any scars. Except for half of my face missing....

Comment

Scary Clown!

With no make up!
                        Setting foreign policy, ruining the world's economy!
                        Oil barrel's pricing dependant upon clown's grease paint procurment!
                        Or maybe we should blame the space aliens?
                        Yes, it was THEM!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Alright heres what i wear most of the time.
                          Purple Surgicle gloves
                          Normal clown paint not overly scary i just look pretty much like a normal clown except my makeup glows.
                          A black jumpsuit with green frills and pink green and yellow pokla dots.
                          A little cap that matches the jumpsuit with a green ball on the end.
                          And a sqeeker horn..
                          I mean yesterday i shaved a smiley face into my hair so theres no way my hair looks like the jokers.
                          Infact the only connection i can make between him and me is the voice even though in my opinion i dont sound like him AT ALL.

Comment

In regards to customers calling you the Joker, they tend to not always be the brightest creatures and tend to associate the lastest pop culture craze with any act they see.

After The Ring came out, I dealt with two years of being called "The girl from the ring" simply because I have long hair (and its not even black and I looked nothing like her). Customers also call any male haunt actor with long hair "Marilyn Manson" too.

I usually just ignore them, and there isn't anything you can specifically do to avoid the comment. Just wait for the trend to die and by next year there will be less references to the Joker.
                            Katie Lane
                            Partner/VP
                            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I think just the fact that clowns can juggle shit makes them scary, seriously..

Im really not afraid of clowns but I can see why people might think there freaky!

Comment

Working...
                              X