No announcement yet.

What scares you most about clowns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No i understand what your saying Allen and i appreciate it. But i am not yelling it at them. I murmer the last part, very subtle about it. Not sure how thats different, but i only did that character one night. Wasn't having to much fun with it.
    But you do make an excellent point, even if it is a criticism i appreciate it. It'l help me better my technique.
    Used to feel attacked by that sort of thing. But i figure, you have been around a while. And you have helpful things to say. So i reckon it will only benefit me if i listen.
    Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 04-23-2009, 01:47 AM.

Comment

21 yrs. ago

When I was searching for a wrecked, junk motorcycle for a display many people were offering me bikes instead.
      A "Bike" sort of says "Youngster" or "A Kid", whereas a motorcycle says "Adult-azzwhistle"!
      Think about it, even bikers who love their bike and ride often have no doubt had their problems with some other person on a motorcycle who was not being gracious or smart or safe.
      So the wrecked motorcycle went into the big dent on the passenger side of my 79 Ford Thunderchicken, complete with an adult (naturally) skeleton rider mashed in there too.
      Complete with the fiberglass replica WW2 German helmet with Maltesse crosses, holding his tach looking down at it , the bike's twisted-up mirror was actually used as my mirror on that side of the car.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

what to do with clowns

Ok ,so what you all are saying is, don't do the normal clown as seen in some haunts take the clown to the next level. Make it taller and not in the traditional costume of a clown. What would you suggest that a modern haunt clown should look like? Clowns don't bother me but most posts here i think are right its the covering of your own identity for some other reason then good. I dont mean to high jack this thread if you have a problem with it i will start a new thread.
        In Darkness they hunt the living
        http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

No problem with it, as it rather died out. I suppose the modern haunt clown is up to the person playing the clown. As we all portray the clowns differently, or give it their own personality. So we kind of need to take from that and give our character a costum that suits its personality. For mine as it has changed drastically over the season, i have red and white striped loose fitting pants. That come down to about my shins. The stripes are horizontal. I then have Shin high socks that are striped black and white, with combat boots. I have a bloody white tank top, that is not flattering. I also have some subdued colored suspenders, with a ringmasters jacket. Along with my little cap with the green ball on the end, and one juggling knife.
          Its a very dirty, almost gross costume. Because the way i play my clown, is very malicious, cruel, and crass. So i adapted the costume to fit that.

Comment

lol, me in a tank top would make anyone afraid and run! I would be the more the quiet stalker type clown, my bother-in-law would most definitely be more like your version and he would love it. I hope i can get some more clowns to tell me what they do and look like at their huants.i really could use some ideas.

Comment

Ha, what i would suggest is looking in the mirror. Use some of your lines, come up with nuances and character traits. It will help give you a gist for the costume. My costume originally was striped footy pajama's with a ringmasters jacket. I wuold suggest going through normal costume websites, seeing what they have, and either using that or put your own spin on it. Like for a normal clown jumpsuit, cut it in half. Use suspenders and a straight jacket. Thats my other clown character, call him Freakshow. Just go through trial and error, i doubt you will get it right on the first try, but if you do, congrats! Ha

Comment

thanks my wife asked me why i was naked in front of the mirror i told her i was looking for my character lines but i couldn't find any.

Comment

Well..hahahaha, i am not sure if naked is how you need to do it. Do you have any lines that you enjoy saying to people? A few of mine are "Don't Laugh its not funny!" or "I will make you squeal like a stuck pig!" things like that. "Hello Sunshine! Ready to play?"
                  Its all in the delivery of the lines, or rather your whole demeaner. I have had this clown character since the beggining, so its very refined. Almost like a second nature. So it really is down to your character, get that down pat. Then think about it from the characters point of view. Would i wear this?
                  Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 04-28-2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

this is going to be my first season as a clown. so i really dont have any lines yet.

Comment

Come up with some my friend!

Comment

i will try and do that thanks for you help Dr. Giggles

Comment

Working...
                        X