Taking A Break...Planning Too Early? Critical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking A Break...Planning Too Early? Critical Question

Im taking a break to my home haunting this year because i have absolutely no time to put up a haunt by the end of October. Well since im bored out of my mind, i definetly need something to do. So i made my choice to start planning early for the next year's haunt. It cant be that bad. Plus im looking to go above and beyond than the past years. I've picked a role model for my home haunting project and that would be Reign Of Terror Haunted House. Oh and i cannot forget all of the other professional haunters that inspired me to go BIG! So am i planning to early? Or should i wait for a couple of more months?
    Thanks

Sincerely, Troy

Are you kidding? Consider who you're talking to, LOL!

Best,
    Sarah
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

Comment

One of these days, and I'm serious about this ... I'm going to do a MAJOR home haunted house in my backyard. I think home haunting has to be about the most enjoyable thing a haunted house nut can do.

This would be just so much fun... I would work on it everyday!

Remember many major league haunters like for example Haunted Overload started as a home haunt!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks for all the confidence boosters! They really helped. All out next year, but after a few years i plan on going COMMERCIAL!!! There are so many inspirations out there.

Troy

Comment

personally i think your planning a little late =)
          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I agree with Larry that home haunting is the most fun of all. Even though I don't own a commercial haunt, I can readily see the pressure and stress that is involved with having a haunt as a business - even if it is the mostest funnest job on the planet!

Sarah
            Sarah Meier
            Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
            "Words they remember you by"

Comment

You can never start planning too early, especially since you didn't do one this year. If you had done a haunt, my advice is give it 2 months, when you aren't as burned out and free and clear to think brilliantly.
              At the end of a season, I am toast. I never want to look at another customer or whiny actor or makeup one more face. After 2 months of debriefing, I start to sketch and document ideas. But I do a commercial haunt, and with that comes ridiculous amounts of "management" stress.
              I guess what I should say is, follow your gut. It will tell you when the time is right. I know I sound like a total flake, but it's true!
              Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Working...
              X