Motion Sensor Control for Fog Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Sensor Control for Fog Machine

Hi guys looking for a Parts List and A how to build a Motion sensor to run several things at the same time. Including a Valve, Light, and 2 Foggers

I need to Activate a Valve to drop a wall panel, And turn on a red light for the monster behind that panel. and 2 fog machines in the next room.

I can build this with a simple Motion Sensor from Lowes tied to a Receptical in a wall box. This will let me activate the valve (120v) and turn on the red light to light up the inside of this unit.

Im not sure how to step the voltage down from the motion sensor to activate a Timer unit that will hold the Fogger units engaged for a 60 sec time frame. I also will need to find a way to reset the drop panel to the up position and turn the light back off. Im thinking 1 2 channel timer and a 1 channel timer

1- 2 channel timer - delay turn the light on time for so long and turn off,
    delay activate Valve drop panel time out and close valve closing panel
    1 - 1 channel timer - holding relay open to run fogger for time then closing relay

Im also not sure of the Voltage of the actual Fogger controls?

Im using a FX-8 fogger from Spencers. I found it uses the Timing Controlers that Walmart had for sale in 2007.

it's a 3 prong computer power cord Female Version plug.

If anyone has built something like this please E-mail me and I'll try to explain better if your not sure what i need.

I do not have a electrical knowledge so i can use any help you guys can provide.

Please e-mail at m_chilson@hotmail.com Please make subject Haunt thanks guys!
    Michael Chilson
    Brookdale Campground Haunted Halls
    Kozy Rest Campground Haunted Hay Ride
    ScareHouse Pittsburgh, Pa (Actor)
    Designer & Technical Director

When you say "monster" are you talking a static prop or a live person?

If it's a live "monster", I would HIGHLY recommend AGAINST using any type of automated drop door, at least without some sensors to detect when the actors head is in the window. If the actor gets distracted for even a second, the door can (and I can tell you will), close on the actors head, causing... well, issues.

As far as the rest of it goes, do yourself a favor and get a proper controller. You need a minumum of 3 channels, so something like a MiniBrick 4 would work great.

The MB4 uses transistor outputs, so you would need a few basic relays to control your foggers and light (and drop door panel, should it be a static prop).
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Might be live or Static not sure yet

As far as the static or live actor at the drop panel not sure yet.

Plan is to have the panel drop and would stay down for about a min or so and then vary slowy rise using a speed control on the Cylinder input line so that the actor will have plenty of time to get his or her head out of the way.

I also would program the Light next to the actor to change from a 40 watt red light to a set of christmas light on the floor for accent lights before the Panel starts to lift.

This would be the reverse when the panel gets ready to drop the christmas lights would turn off and the Red light would turn on then the Panel would drop.
      Michael Chilson
      Brookdale Campground Haunted Halls
      Kozy Rest Campground Haunted Hay Ride
      ScareHouse Pittsburgh, Pa (Actor)
      Designer & Technical Director

Comment

If you still want to go the motion detector route for the fogger, here's a mod you can do to one that makes it act just like a switch:

http://www.automat3d.com/electronics...d-output-hack/

Once you do that you can connect the two "output" wires across whatever switch or button normally triggers your fog, or to start your timer or whatever. It wouldn't matter what the voltage was since the relay is made to handle 120v and if it's less it won't care.

BTW, most foggers that use an IEC cord for their remotes have 120v running through them.
        Motors and skulls:
        http://www.division-6.com/haunting

Comment

Working...
        X