"Jesus Tour" 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jesus Tour" 2008

Due to VERY heavy rain last weekend (was supposed to be our opening weekend) we are now 1/3 flooded.... So we thought we would start a new tour and make it a "Jesus Tour".... of course you have to walk on water in order to be able to take it! Dosnt look like we will get into our corn, cave or trees this weekend and maybe not for the season. Worse we spent a ton of time and effort into our crypts and graveyard this summer and now its under 6 feet of water. Guess we got the "swamp look" we were looking for!
    Attached Files

I'm so sorry to hear this. Will you be able to salvage any of your attraction?

Sarah
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Wow, that's terrible! I'm sorry to hear about the flooding. What an incredible mess. My heart breaks for you and your crew!
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Wow, and I thought our old leaky roof was bad.

Comment

Sorry man. That really sux. Hang in there, maybe something will come up......

Ron
          www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Water is starting to go down today. We are opening Friday but with the loss of our corn, cave and new graveyard. We are planning on reducing the entrance fee to $12 from $15 and hope that satisfies everyone. Cant afford not to be open so we are going to go for it and hope for the best!

Comment

Best of luck to ya and your crew...

Sean
              Sean De Wane
              ----------------------------------------------
              The De Wane Asylum
              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Man, thats sad to hear.

I hope you guys can pull something positive out of this mess.

Good luck to ya'll this year.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

That's a rough break...we truly hope it works out for you guys!

We had a rain out last Friday. 1/2 of our attraction is outdoors. It was lovely and sunny here until about 4:00pm. Then, the skies burst open. By the 6pm actor call we were too flooded to open and the rain wouldn't let up. So, we sent all the actors home (and out to support the other haunts that are all indoors). The other board members and I set up a pop up tent by the entranced, donned ponchos, and met cars as they pulled in to tell them that we were closed. We presold tickets for the remaining nights for $3 off to anyone that wanted them that came out. It kept POURING right until midnight, but we had steady traffic. We turned away almost 200 people. Here's hoping we can get them back this weekend!

Comment

Well we got open this weekend... had 350 people go through and had GREAT reviews!??? Considering we had to put in a new path, didnt get to use 1/2 of what we should have had everyone who went through loved it. So while we hoped to put through 4000 people this year at least its not going to be a total loss. Weather is looking like it might be a good weekend coming up so we should be busy! Heres hoping to sun and warm weather!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Odinseye View Post
                      Well we got open this weekend... had 350 people go through and had GREAT reviews!??? Considering we had to put in a new path, didnt get to use 1/2 of what we should have had everyone who went through loved it.

YAY! Congratulations!

Sarah
                      Sarah Meier
                      Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                      "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Glad to hear you got open and are getting rave reviews. I guess it's better that it happened early in the month and not late in the month when you will tend to have the larger crowds. May the rest of the season bring you huge lines of people to entertain!

Kel
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you were able to open and that things went well! Wishing you continued success through the season!
                          www.mindseizure.com
                          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Working...
                          X