Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will "Normal" Glue Sticks Work in a Webcaster Gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will "Normal" Glue Sticks Work in a Webcaster Gun?

Will regular, run-of-the-mill glue sticks (that you can buy at any home improvement or craft store for ordinary hot glue guns) work in the Webcaster Gun?

The manual says that they recommend not using anything other than Webcaster Sticks, but this feels like they just want to make money off of their own product. I'm not convinced that regular glue sticks won't work.

Anyone who knows, please help! I've searched for my answer and haven't found it anywhere online or on these forums.

I'm not concerned with fire safety. I'm just running a humble home haunt.
    "Stalking" among the fields of corn

I know someone in Texas that used a webgun and used regular glue sticks from Wal-Mart, when it got hot inside the haunt (we are warm/hot most of the season), the webs melted away. Don't use the all-purpose sticks, go to Michaels and get the ones that will tolerate heat, these webs seem to hold up well.

Comment

Originally posted by SCAREcrow22 View Post
      I'm not concerned with fire safety. I'm just running a humble home haunt.
      Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your statement there, but what do you mean you're not concerned about fire safety? Are you implying that there is less reason to be careful because you're only a home haunt? I would think it would be even worse, considering at a home haunt you're likely not getting regular fire marshal inspections, and your homeowners insurance would certainly not cover a fire in a home haunt.
      -Rob

Audio Guru
      Lighting Designer

Comment

I'm not concerned about the glue being fire safe, is what I'm saying. I'm using the Webcaster in an open-air, very well ventilated, with no walls home haunt, somewhere a fire can be extinguished very easily if something goes wrong.

I just don't want people telling me "don't use these kinds of sticks, because they're not fire retardant!"

By the way, I'm using the Webcaster Gun, that exact brandname gun.
        "Stalking" among the fields of corn

Comment

I used the sticks from Michaels last year in a WebCaster gun. No problems what so ever.

I still have webs in my garage from last year hanging off a few lights and beams that I never removed and there still there.

You will be fine using regular glue sticks in the webcaster.

Comment

Working...
          X