Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Chainsaws do you buy on Average Each Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Chainsaws do you buy on Average Each Season?

How many chainsaws do you go through in a normal season both electric or gas... I know they break a lot with the kind of abuse we put to them. I know our industry has to keep the chainsaw industry in business!

How many?

Larry
    1-3
    56.10%
    4-6
    17.07%
    7-10
    0.00%
    10-15
    2.44%
    More than 15
    2.44%
    None we don't use Chainsaws
    21.95%
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

We have 1 chainsaw, the Spookyprops chainsaw, and it is 2 years running and going strong! : )

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

DANG.... I just called.... to remined My Partners to buy and modify a back-up saw?

How did he know???
      Phantom

Comment

We usually end up with a few every year. We've started buying the extended warranty from Lowes. Verbatim "Even if you drop it out of a tree, we'll give you a new one".

I can't wait to see the looks we get when we take the broken ones back, that have (fake) blood all over them.
        -Brandon Kelm
        Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

We have 3 Real saw positions (and one Sppoky props saw position)and we have I think about 8 saws (each operator has two saws so that they can always have one with gas) We use a now out of stock Echo chainsaw, but they work great and pretty much don't break. When one goes down the guys are usually able to fix it from parts we have in stock. We also have 2 Spooky props saws and they also work great, the only time we have a problem is when an actor snags the wire on something, then we swap to the back up and fix it. Also one of our saw guys has two of his own and that helps!
          Ben Armstrong
          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
          www.Fearworld.com
          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

I like the Echo saws as well. We have 4 chainsaw scares. This year we have a guy on our crew that is great at rebuilding old saws. Two of us have been using 25 year old Stihl chainsaws with holes drilled in the mufflers. Loud as all hell, they get some priceless reactions. You definitely have to wear earplugs when using these.

We took real chains and ground the cutting blades off of them so only the links are left. We then welded the chains to the bar loose so you see the chain hanging down a bit. It provides an extra level of fear when people are not sure if it's a real chain or not.

Every one that exits says the chainsaws scared them the most. The best is if you are able to sneak up and start it right behind them.
            www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Originally posted by elowther View Post
              We took real chains and ground the cutting blades off of them so only the links are left. We then welded the chains to the bar loose so you see the chain hanging down a bit. It provides an extra level of fear when people are not sure if it's a real chain or not.
              We do the same thing with bicycle chains...really adds to the realism..

We use Stihl saws and have had great luck... the easy start feature is awesome when starting them many times per night.
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

We use Husqvarna saws in our haunt, they take a beating and do not tear up.
                http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...NEWS/810210283

Comment

We use stihl chainsaws. We used poulans in the past and they always broke down. We have 4 stihl saws with the easystart option. We use 3 in our attraction and have one as a backup. They are 2 seasons old and only one has had to go in for repair. They take alot of abuse but they keep on running. The easy start is a nice option but is a little confusing to repair if the string breaks.
                  Greg Allen
                  scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                  www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Larry, if you start a chainsaw in a certain manor, they last. I've had the same Husqvarna that I've been using for almost 10 years of acting, and only had to rebuild it twice.(30-40 dollars in parts each time)

This saw has seen well over 150,000 patrons at various haunts and venues, while I also use it at my house for yard maintenance. Stihl also is a great choice.

Starter recoil assemblies are an invaluable part to keep around. I've found that buying multiple saws of the same brand and model number allows you to keep your saws running more frequently, and keeps costs and maintenance times down by being able to have multiple parts designed for the same saw. Instead of multiple parts for multiple saws. Plus if one ultimately does bite the dust, you now have a parts saw for your other still running saws of the same model.

Comment

On the way to the Stihl dealer!

Guess I better go buy another chain saw! I figured my trusty old Husqvarna would be enough, but after reading this - I think I'll go buy a Stihl!
                      Travis "Big T" Russell
                      President
                      Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Just for the record we are up to about 15 and counting!!! Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I'm SO HAPPY to see that somewhere out there are haunters who use Stihl and Echo, attach toothless chains, and keep backup saws and replacement parts on hand. Too often I've visited or worked for a haunt that grabs the cheapest Poulan or Homelite they can find the night before opening and do nothing to age it, darken it, dirty it, or cover logos. Then they expect to have it to use as a real saw the rest of the year. %#+*%!?\!+?#!! That's so wrong! I hate seeing that.
                          Hope everyone has a good, loud, buzzing, screaming season!

Comment

Faux chainsaw bar

A chainsaw thread needs to have this attached.
                            You have chainsaws, we have faux chainsaw bars that makes the chainsaws a little more aggressive looking and add a little safety factor since it is a heavy weight foam. The faux blades are a couple inches shorter than in this photo.
                            They will fit any 20" chainsaw.
                            Attached Files
                            Kevin R. Alvey
                            info at gore-galore.com
                            www.gore-galore.com
                            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

two saws...still runnuing

Have a Stihl. Also have an electric that we hook up so it sparks on a fence. The saw cuts firewood all winter as well for 2 houses on farm and several customers.

Walking through pathway they know the cahinsaw is close by. We drop a clown in front of them "Pick a card!" like the clown is going to do a card trick. lets their guard down ......then the ole Stihl starts up just behind them.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
                              X