Traffic WAY DOWN TODAY... Bad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic WAY DOWN TODAY... Bad News

For those haunts who are opening tonight if traffic is any indication then it won't be a great night... Hauntworld has only done about 10,000 visits today, as of 4:45 central time. We might end up with 20,000 visits, but consider last Saturday we did 85,000 and last night we did about 85,000 visits.

Scarefest right now is at about 1,600 visits and last Saturday we had about 8,500 visits. So.... I don't think it will be great tonight but we'll see.

Either way report on what happens with your attraction tonight.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

It seems like people waited until the last possible second to decide to go. Our online sales were light so I didn't know what to expect tonight. We ended up having tons of walk ups for the later of two shows we did tonight. It turned out to be our best show and most attended as well. I was psyched to look out and see a big line for late November 1st! All the actors wished we could do one more night but that would have been pushing it.

Eric
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

We too did very well tonight. Last night (Halloween) was a record breaker for us!
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Tonight we rocked!
        Ben Armstrong
        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Here is our report...

Hauntworld itself ended up with about 17,000 visits which is a far cry from last Saturday.

Our haunts broke the bank however, we ended up with over 4,000 guests between the two places. This was record breaking night for us considering it was in November.

Is anyone open next weekend?

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Our web traffic and advance ticket sales were pretty low going into today so I was concerned ... but it turned out to be a great night for us. Not as epic as last Saturday, but still nearly double what I would have anticipated.

Even better, last night and tonight the majority of our customers were well-behaved and appreciative of the show. We were anticipating lots of obnoxious drunks from the various parties, but that was not the case at all.
            Scott Simmons
            The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
            http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Let's Be Honest

Can we really expect our guests to never be obnoxious when scaring someone is really , usually very obnoxious?
              "Control" or the feel that the haunt is in control is very important. If you have some freelancing "loose Cannons" going nutz on the customers then this sends the message that the customers can return such from whence it came.
              Only a touch of alcohol is enough to send many customers off into full-attack mode under these circumstances...then we wonder "Why?"
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This was the first time we were open after Halloween and we were pleasantly surprised. We did almost as many as last Saturday.

As for web traffic it always seems to be a bell curve. The middle two weekends are always to most and it trails off fairly quickly towards the end of the month. It has never really corresponded to actual visitors on the last weekend.

Comment

It was a record breaker for us also. We had a great turnout!
                  Greg Allen
                  scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                  www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Our Saturday night attendance was TERRIBLE!
                    ~Bill Mlinac
                    The Deadland Haunted House
                    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Being open almost every night of the year for the last almost 20 years, I have seen November come at attendance like a guillotine blade.
                      "Chop!" It's November! Haunt no more.
                      Then the weather turns nasty. Then it gets unpredictable, then it's over for sure.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Surprisingly, Halloween Weekend wasn't as busy overall for us as last weekend. We did end up way up over last year for the season though! With purchasing a property almost two hours away, renovations, gas prices, increased pay scale for the Fright Team, etc., out costs were also way up! Once the dust settles, I'll be interested in seeing how our bottom line looks. I'm not getting rich on haunting.. at least not yet, however, I am rich in that I have an AWESOME new Fright Team who have quickly become a family of haunters and together we have made incredible memories while establishing Raycliff Manor as one of the best attraction in our new location area! We are getting rave reviews! I still can't believe that with very little assistance, Lee and I purchased the new property, gutted and renovated the building, moved the walls, sets and props to the new location, built out the attraction, recruited and established a new Fright Team, effectively Marketed and Advertized Raycliff Manor and the list goes on... and we did it in a little over 3 months!!! Then we went on to run the attraction for the month of October. It's no wonder I'm exhausted, but it's a great exhaustion at that!

I am extremely excited because a number of the new Fright Team members have already volunteered to help with modifications and revisions to Raycliff Manor for next year! As any haunted attraction owner knows, help is ALWAYS APPRECIATED!

This coming Friday we are having our annual Fright Team Appreciation and Golden Ghoul Awards Dinner! This is always a good time and I'm excited to get together with the Fright Team again in a social setting! Wealth is a relative term and I am one very wealthy individual. I count myself very fortunate to have friends and family who love me and to be able to pursue my tue passion for a living! I hope everyone is able to go into the rest of the holiday season feeling as blessed as I do!

Kel
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

The Edge of Hell and The Beast and there two other haunts are open next weekend. Thats usually when we go. And they always have a line.
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

We had a good month in general but very tough in the same.

Being an outdoors show were at the mercy of mother nature and she hit us three times this season.

Almost four rainouts but we worked through it.

So total numbers for the season i can't comment on beccause im not the owner,BUT we did break a single night record which our owner Eddie bet against us it wouldn't happen. So he had to settle the bet.

He chopped his hair into a mohawk and dyed that sucker bright red!

If you know Eddie at all this is the most uncharacteristic thing iv'e ever seen him do! I have a real hard time taking him seriously right now with his head like that!

Can't imagine what his church thinks!LOL

Comment

What?! No pictures?!

Sarah
                              Sarah Meier
                              Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                              "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Working...
                              X