No announcement yet.

plan for next year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank i was going to do a jack in the back and the door thing maybe 2. thanks for the help

Comment

And if you're looking for props and masks (Thought it might be a little too late now) But check your local Halloween stores for after Halloween sales. Each year we go out a buy as much as we can seeing as they have 50% to 75% off discounts.

Spirit has/had a bunch of stuff 50% off on their site. Might want to check that out too. www.spirithalloween.com
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

thanks man i will do that

Comment

Also, if you are short on live actors, you could look into making some mannequins and dress them up to be clowns. Then you could have a room full of about 3 to 5 clowns and have one a live actor. And even then you could maybe switch out the masks on the mannequins ever night to change things up if somebody were to come through again.

The cheapest way to do a haunt is of course to build as much as you can on your own. So rather than buying different props and stuff like that, try and make your own. I highly suggest you check out www.hauntforum.com and www.halloweenforum.com and see what they have to offer. I have a feeling you'd get a lot more help there than on here because this is more of a place for pro haunters.
          Zach Wiechmann
          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

thanks a lot i will look at them

Comment

We build our walls out of a wooden frame (2 x 8; 3 x 8) and streach sheets over them staple then paint. after two or three coats of paint the sheet gets hard almost like wall board but much lighter. We have almost 200 now. We build a few new ones every year. Sheets and paint can be gotten for free. Call the paint stores for "oops paint" and call motels for their old sheets. I use 2 X 1 X 8' furring strips that cost about $2. each to make the frames. They are light, easy to move, can be painted different for different years. when we put the pannels up we leave gaps that are just hung with a sheet. That allows the actors to move back and forth between scares.
              You paint old sheets black and hang on walls and ceilings to cover. Paint the sheet before you hang it or it will bleed through to the wall. We have a couple of hundred painted sheets and add some every year.

We have not had to pay for any sheets. Most of the paint has been donated. One paint store was willing to put the tint for black into their oops paint for me.

A bonus is that latex paint won't burn. although the wood frame and the material under the paint will. I buy New York Invisishield and spray everything down every year. 5 gallons is around $250. When we are haunting with only about 3,000 sq. ft., the 5 gallons lasted for two years. Last year with 10,000 sq. ft we used the whole 5 gal.

Keep a staple gun and some screws handy as someone always gets scared and runs through a wall pannel. repairs are quick and easy however.

Comment

Working...
              X