Is it an obsession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it an obsession

Yeah it is i think. I cant get enough...everytime i go home from the haunted house i feel like im missing something. Now the seasons over what will i do...NORMAL STUFF? Naw....no such thing as normal stuff...i cant scare people il get arrested. So how are all you other actors feeling with the end of the season?

i think its a boarder line obsession. I've been acting for over 13 yrs and I've never ahd a gig that I've put myself into as much as the haunted hotel. I think its because it demands so much out of me that I want it to be successful. Not to mention you put in 9+ months getting ready, once you get those 2 months or so off it just doesn't feel right. lol now if you'll excuse me I've got to get back to making the press kits for NEXT SEASON lol

Comment

Problem solved! Be OPEN year-round!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-22-2009, 10:26 PM.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You worked at the haunted hotel damien, in san diego? Mmmm well i worked at the haunted trails. See i dont own a haunt im just an actor but its like a drug i need my fix....iv tried other things to take my mind off it but the smell of gasoline from the chainsaw...the greasepaint on my face...gah nothing comes close....
        Hello everybody
        My name is Zack Peterson
        And im a HauntaHolic

Comment

correction lol i work at the haunted hotel in indiana....lol check it http://www.hauntedhuntington.com we're one of the fastest growing haunts in northern indiana....thats a fact not my opinion

Comment

"Fastest growing haunt?

Ttttttttttttttttttttt
            Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Oh, so it isn't just me! I am so obsessed with the Haunted House I work at that I'm already trying to find a costume for this year! My parents say that if I don't get it out of my head, they won't let me go back this year! :sad:
              http://hauntednightmare.homestead.com/

SOMETIMES NIGHTMARES HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE AWAKE!!!

Comment

There is nothing wrong with figuring out costuming already, especially if you're going to create something unique for your character. Then again, I am an avid collector and maker of costuming.
                Katie Lane
                Partner/VP
                Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

See i am not the talented. And im REALLY picky. So i make a rather good costume, than i completely start from scratch. I hate all the things i come up with, on the verge of looking for a costume designer to help me out. The wierd thing was i had no problem wearing the normal generic clown jumpsuits at the haunt. But, i wanted to do something out of the box, as my character is ah..unique.

Comment

As obsessed as I am, my family doesn't seem to mind. Even after I pester them with questions like, "You have any extra large brown belts laying around?" "How 'bout some boot laces?" and "Do you know where I can get some meat hooks?". Because as much I like buying props, I prefer to make my own or alter ones that I bought. I love to express my creativeness and engenuity, even if it is warped. Like this thing for instance:

I've been working this one costume/character for six months, and I'm still not done. It's hard when your unemployed and have zero knowledge in special effects making, I tell ya.

Comment

I find myself always talking about haunt stuff or dieing for someone to bring up some related topic so that I have a legit reason to talk about it. I had subtle yet noticeable Halloween decorations up for the entire school year in my apartment (starting in August) and thankfully my 2 roommates put up with it. The deal was any bats or spiders had to be in my room. lol For me, I was fortunate enough to be a part of the Darkness at TW which helped scratch that itch and I'm sure MHC will too. But like Motograter said in the other thread - It's in our blood.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes, you have an unhealthy obsession. Go seek professional help immediately...

(or find a year-round haunt)

:roll:
                        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Im an addict and i fully admit it lol, my advice enjoy what you do to the fullest degree every second you can.

During haunt season im perfectly happy, but after the season ends everything gets a little dull and gray on the edges. Once the season is done i go straight into prep time for the convention season building costumes, accessories, and planning and practicing makeup. And once convention season ends i start planning for the coming haunt season.

Try to keep yourself busy, try to use your time to improve and practice skills, try to better your talants and consistently come up with new ideas and build on them...its the only way i stay sane

and if all else fails....dress up just for the hell of it

Jackie
                          Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie

P.S. Dont worry if early costuming is a sign that something is wrong with you then im about to be committed, i build at least 3 costumes a year and work on them nonstop, not a week goes by where im not sewing, painting, aging, distressing, goring, or organizing costumes....lol i practically live in my costume room
                          Last edited by OdetteDespairr; 05-27-2009, 12:19 PM.
                          “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a haunt obsession as long as it doesn't prevent you from functioning throughout the standard day to day.

Build up your costuming in the offseason! One of my biggest pet peeves are when actors only have a few costumes that they use over and over. Then again, I have an entire room with over 100 costumes in it (I've been doing this a long time and I do not repeat an act during the year).

Create new characters, try different types of makeup, hit up thrift stores to find props and costuming for cheap.
                            Katie Lane
                            Partner/VP
                            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I do! But heres my bane, i create a costuem. Talk to my mates from the haunt. "Oh yeah kick ass man use that one" but the next day i will use it for scrap and start again. Nothing makes me happy. My clown costume has been in the works for three years. Havn't even really worn it yet....

Comment

Working...
                              X