Haunt Owner found to have been cause of fire in haunted house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Owner found to have been cause of fire in haunted house

The fire department found a fellow haunter was to blame for his own fire because they didn't have good electric and no sprinkler... who knows. Read more here...
    http://www.valleymorningstar.com/new...re_warner.html
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Here's one to consider. There was not a fire involved, but what if....

A volunteer fire dept puts on a spook house. All the walls are black plastic. One room is bed sheets for the walls, ceiling, and pieces hanging down. A few wood panels for the main entrance hallway. The indoor graveyard is filled with dry leaves and burlap. Three areas of the haunt have straw bales. There is no fire retardant on anything. There is no sprinkler system within the old fire hall that the haunt is located in. The chief finally brings in six extinguishers which I spread through out the building. I posted "NO SMOKINGING WITHIN 50 FEET OF BUILDING" signs, and what would you know that the firefighters smoke within three feet of the building. They have combustible materials stored through out the building (spray paint, gas, etc).

Than they keep bragging about how much insurance coverage they have, being a fire dept. They do not seem to care about safety. They don't care if someone gets hurt or if someone sues them. I had more than three occasions within two days where the chief bragged about the high amount of coverage that they have.

Is this normal for a fire dept?
    Steven
    Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

Thats just absurd! Who so called inspected there haunt?! They should be closed down like any other haunt who is not looking out for the safety of there customers!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
      X