Haunt found to be offensive...and I AGREE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt found to be offensive...and I AGREE

I'm tired of these places and as you'll read one guy says 'its not in the them of Halloween'.

Read this...

http://www.koat.com/news/17863189/de...s=alb&psp=news
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Here is another along the same line... people protested this one.
    http://www.kptv.com/news/17862847/detail.html#-
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yeah, you hear about these all of the time. In fact, a few years ago, there was one in the Rockford Illinois area. Here's a review that I posted in 2003:

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/revie...eofhorrors.php

Just like the "haunted house" in the story you posted the link for, this event never mentioned anywhere on their website or in their other advertising, that it was a Christian outreach program trying to recruit new members for their church group.

It would be one thing if they were forthright with what they were doing, but using false advertising to misrepresent their event, so they can lure patrons in for their own hidden agenda is just wrong!
      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Wow! This makes me embarrassed to be Christian. Using deception as a means to evangelize is just stupid. It's the same as bait and switch. How does that type of trickery help their cause? I was involved with the original Campus Life haunts in California in the 70's and they had it right...they just built a great distract and startle type haunt and as you were leaving, they passed out this booklets that talked about how, if this haunt really scared you, imaging how scary it would be to die without knowing Christ. The haunt itself was bloodless but still VERY effective. While Campus Life asked people to think about their ultimate destiny, they certainly didn't shove religion down anyone's throat. I have a lot more respect for that approach than what these clowns are doing.

Tim @ Ghoulish Gallery. Inc.

Comment

I would be very bothered if I went to one of those thinking that they were something else.

In my town, we have something that I find just as irritating. There is a "men's home" that is a registered non-profit drug treatment program, run by a guy who has become a licensed minister. I believe the facility has begun calling itself a church as well.

What they have done the last two years is hold a Fall Harvest Festival the same night as the elementary school Halloween Carnival/fundraiser. I helped with the carnival this year and put a lot of work into it so I am really bothered that this "church" would hold a competing event at the same time, with everything free. The reason is to try to get kids away from the whole devil-worshiping thing they say we promote. I'm more of a Christian than most of them, who "found God" only because it will keep them out of prison.

The crowd they draw takes money away from the children's group that puts on the carnival, and they do it with government money that pays for the rehab and donations from the community. That is how they are able to provide everything free (if you don't count the confrontational sermons and lectures payment).

Comment

That is sick!! What are those "so called" haunt owners thinking?
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

All I can ever think with these things is "Have these people ever OPENED the Bible and READ IT????"
              http://www.innerfears.com/
              http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

From what I can see, they think they are helping people. Apparently, their target market is quite small. They are looking for those folks who are down-and-out, and/or destitute. Perhaps those who are lost and have no future goals and/or direction.

It is fairly noble sentiment, if they “save” enough people. The sad thing is, that for the one person they “save”, there are perhaps 1,000 people they have misled, via their deceptive advertising.
                Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

What would They Think?

If someone opened a "Church", got people inside all singing on Sunday morning then it transformed into a haunted house?
                  Did I just give Larry a new theme for one of his places ?
                  The collection plates passes, you look into it and everyone decided this Sunday to pluck out their eyes and it's Bloody Marble Collection looking at cha!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

And yet these same people will tell you that YOUR haunted house is celebrating the devils holiday. I had a woman pulling up some of my road signs because she said it was bring evil into her home. What a joke, she had no idea how stupid she sounded.
                    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
                      I had a woman pulling up some of my road signs because she said it was bring evil into her home.
                      Into her home? So she suspects...what; the signs are sprouting legs and plotting to ram through her door?

Comment

I was asked to build one of these.

Back in late July I is was asked by some people that knew I built haunts if I would be willing to talk to some people they knew about building a haunted house for them. Of course I said I'll talk to them but It was pretty late in the season to start something and they said well we all ready have the space and it's up to code and that it's just a matter of the design and effects. So it was a HELL HOUSE I listened to them for about 10-15 min's before I cut them off and told them I build haunts for people to be entertained and have fun not to get my twisted message out by tricking them into believing it's something else. Then I called them hipocrits ( sorry for the spelling ) and walked out. Afterwards I found out what they do at christmas time and it's even more sick.

Comment

New ideas

Being a pro-life Right Winger, I've been considering an abortion clinic scene in my haunt. It'll send a pretty clear political message that the general public would never fully understand otherwise. Considering Osama Obama voted 3 times against a bill that would save babies who survived abortions, I think it's appropriate. Tactics like this have been used against Bush during his Administration. I thinnk it's fair game unless you believe in a double standard. Thanx for the inspiration.....
                          UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Read the details

Of gruesome crime reports and the childhood of the people who commit those murders involving torture and mutillation for the sheer evil thrill of it and those childhoods saw the present psycho as an exteeme victim of all kinds of abuse, usually at the hands of parents, so the kid that should have been aborted becomes the newest convicted killer on death row.
                            Not a success story for happiness for those innocent others whose paths just happened to cross the path of a murderer.
                            An abortion can be an act of kindness for the investment in a normal full life for others.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Two weeks before Halloween here there was a big 20,000 sft air dome tent put up on the side of the I-30 Highway, in Bryant Arkansas, that was suppost to have been in Little Rock, Arkansas according to their schedule ( Next year they will be in Little Rock they say.

This concerned me because my girl friend had a rented building as well as my self, we both believed it to be a haunted house coming in to our area as well.

All the tent said was (what is the 99.com)

I stopped there and talked with the security officers and they told me that it was a reality show. He never said anything other then it had the grand reeper, a car crash scene and said... yada yada

The next thing we all know around here, tickets for 99.com was coming from every fast food place, every school, every church around. Then on Thursday evening while we were working on our haunt which is about 4 miles away from them, a man shows up, and gives all of our helpers plus myself tickets to come to the ::and I quote :Haunted House!

My whole crew went to this, 4 of my helpers were offended that it was put out as a haunted house and finding out it was a reality check to see if we were christians and where we went to church and got our address and phone numbers really upset them, not everyone is a christian or believe like some of us do.

They did not sale tickets but did ask for donations to keep the 99.com going.

The one thing that offended me was how we were made to believe it was a haunted house -
                              in the start of talks when they mentioned the grand reeper kinda made us think, it was a haunted house just like ours.

No one under the age of 12 was allowed to go in with out signing a waiver!

Stood in line for 2 hours to get in, was taking in with a group of 40 ppl, to find only a 20,000 sf tent with 12 or 13 which included a prayer room and a room to find out if we were christians.

If they are going to come to areas and do that, I only believe that they promote it as a religious event. ( They would have got more people that way) and it wouldnt of hurt the small businesses that suffered from them being in the area.
                              Please visit myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bentonhauntedattractions

Comment

Working...
                              X