Chainsaw spark blade???? Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainsaw spark blade???? Help?

So at 7 floors of hell this year i saw an actor using a chainsaw to chase people, but he would drag it across the cement and create sparks from the "blade"

was this some sort of special flint blade that he put on?

has anyone seen this before, i want one haha

Thanks.
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

Back in the day, we had a similar effect with a Freddy glove. We attached two cables to a cement wall so that they were tight and parallel to each other. Then we connected a battery charger to them. When the actor ran the blades down the wall they connected the two cables and sparked. I don't know how safe this is, but I'm pretty sure that it worked the same way a sparking chain link fence does.

I wouldn't recommend this with a running chainsaw for obvious reasons (fuel), but you might be able to use a real chainsaw with no fuel or oil (or perhaps an altered one with no fuel tank, carb, fuel lines, etc. just to be safe) and find a decent soundtrack to blast in the scene. I'm not saying that this is smart or safe or that this is how 7 Floors does it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

I know at one of the haunts i was at this year they used a Chunk of Flint on the backside of the blade so when they drug it...it sparked. Granted the chainsaw they are using is about 6 foot long and named Stupid for a reason
      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

people do use a set up similar to spark fence but the bar sparks pretty easy the struck on concrete
        The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

for 3 years i have used a sparking chainsaw in my haunt and the way i did it was by attaching a cable to the bar and ran it to a alligator clip and attaced it to a stud which is attached to the positive side of a battery and the neg side runs up to a series of rebar..when the two touch it is just like touching jumper cables together

Comment

Working...
          X