A Christmas Carol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Christmas Carol

Ok so Halloween is over and we all are :shock: :? :roll: Right?
    Well a friend of mine asked for me to help w/ A Christmas Carol a classic Theatrical production...

So now I'm utilizing Halloween as Jacob Marley and the Ghost of Christmas Future and I extended my "acting and scaryness" until December 23rd.

So next season contact the local Theaters and possibly get into it. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and we are possibly doing another play that includes Vampires and Werewolves... so I may have my fix extended even longer through the theater! :wink:

One haunt in Chatt - is doing a Christmas Adventure. A co-worker went over the weekend and said it was really hokey and he was glad he had free tix. (They are charging $15 per adult and $11 for kids!) I want to go - but $15 to see what they are doing is not worth it to me... (Since they hate me and called the fire marshal and building inspectors on us this year)
    And we literally hurt their attendance with a better show.

So is anyone trying the Christmas Gig? Is it working and what are you charging? Thanks Be many!

I too am involved in said production.......
    I even have a part in the show. BUT I get to still follow my haunt rule.
    NO COSTUMES or MAKEUP! :twisted:

Folks let me tell you if you think a haunt is work.. try a stage production.
    Granted, it is fun and you get to spread your tallents to a new arena.
    http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
    Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
    When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
    If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

"Stage" versus "Haunt"........
      I know some very talented stage actors who could not do the up close acting that I do here.
      Here I am often ad-libbing a few scant feet away from my audience and often the room is crowded! Too paranoid for the stage actor? But remember I am controlling the lighting and the sound and only have myself to worry about as far as getting my timing right and not walking into a collision path with another actor.......then in that dark room in which I control everything..the "other" voices begin.....
      I just blow with the flow, whatever?
      What can anyone say when a voice from another world steals your show?
      Not Very Much. . . . . . . .
      Scared the crap out of the one woman. I just said, "How about that, the unpaid help is back again... where you been?"
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

talk to Jeff Preston in Nashville about Terror on the Square concerning doing a Christmas Carol in his haunt before you attempt it. Grreat show, no customers.

Not sure the problem.

Timmy
        Hauntus Emeritus
        Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
        Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Tim,
          We start our second week friday. The theater is an established location. Plus they are getting good backing from the education arts and culture departmnet of our city.
          Personal MySpace

My Mottos:

Comment

Sometimes something as basic and crass as the profit motive can inspire extra efforts that insure success.
            I have seen many plays put on at the Jr. College level that had extremely small audiences but financially nobody cared because they didn't have to make a dollar, the drama teacher was still getting paid by the college....

"?"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Joe Dog,

Good Luck, Jeff did his production in his haunt and the audience went from scene to scene. I hope you do great.

Tim
              Hauntus Emeritus
              Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
              Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Originally posted by KroneDaddy
                Joe Dog,

Good Luck, Jeff did his production in his haunt and the audience went from scene to scene. I hope you do great.

Tim

I like that idea.....
                But would play hel on the characters such as scrooge and tiny tim..... all the running
                Personal MySpace

My Mottos:

Comment

Working...
                X