What do you want for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want for Christmas?

What do you want to happen for this industry, or your business in 2009?

1) I want animation companies to have a handpicked group of their customers advice them on why their products break or what they can do to fix the common problems and have those same people review products before they bring them to market. We as haunt owners probably know more about their product then they do becauase we fix them nightly, if we could advice them what keeps breaking and how to fix it maybe they could avoid some of those problems all together. I'm not picking on any one company merely saying on an overall scheme what a great relationship this could be for both vendor and buyer.

2) HHA (Haunted House Association) to be born and be totally embraced by haunt owners and operators and lets get the ball rolling right out of the gate. This industry needs a trade association to look out for its best interest, to handle nation media, deal with tradeshows, seminars, education, and collectivly speak for our industry. Sorry but we don't need enthusiast speaking for those who's electric bill doesn't get paid if you don't do well. We need owners and operators speaking for their industry, not someone who simply just likes the industry. HHA needs to be born and needs to grip the haunt industry and go places that only those who have common interests and goals can achieve.

3) Now that we have our own tradeshow, I would love to see that GROW into something super special, I want to see more vendors, and different types of vendors all in one place!!!! I want all haunt owners to reach out to different vendors they deal with, and encourage them to go to this show no matter what type of vendor they are. Every haunt owner has a chance to really make the industry grow, we just need to push this each and every single one of us,push this and make it grow for everyones benefit.

4) Speaking of vendors... lets see something new, something different not just the same old stuff repackaged. MAKE SPECIAL EFFECTS, something that will dazzle our patrons not just more of the same old stuff. An animations that springs up ... been there done that, seen it, loved it but now I want something new and different. SHOW ME SOMETHING I HAVEN'T SEEN BEFORE!!!!!!!!

5) NEW TECHNOLOGY to be introduced to help us manage our business, like ticketing programs that are affordable, or inventory management systems, like walmart might use but something even a haunt owner can afford, something new that can help us take ourselves to another level of business management.
    Anything!

6) KEEP THE COSTUMES COMING... we need MORE HIGH END costume companies, and or more of the ones before to make even more cool stuff. We need MORE HIGH end masks, make up, and costumes...Netherworld has shown the way now we need vendors that can help us! We need more vendors to supply things that are like an animation but an actor wears or rides, or jumps out of or whatever like an illusion for an actor like a wheelchair that shows he has no legs or something that helps an actor fly across a room, blah, blah.

7) Some expert who can be hired to do national sponsorships, group sales, someone you can hire to help you make money and bring in customers that you wouldn't otherwise had ... someone layed off from like a SIX FLAGS group sales agent who starts their own business who knows the ins and outs of group sales something along those lines would be great. In other words we saw the Hollywood FX guys start monster making companies now how about people who worked for other people like major amusement parks bring some knowledge our way with some newbusiness they create

8) For everyone to understand even if we don't agree we are all still fighting for acceptance, we are still fighting for knowledge, we want to learn no ideas even if we don't agree with them or even at first we dont' agree. It is okay to debate an issue because from that comes understanding and ultimatly leads us to a direction we choose. We can argue but without the floating down the river stuff, without the drama and without the non-stop circus attitude. And last but not least that vendors and buyers will figure out a better method to resolve thier issues before jumping on message boards and argue their points.

Could Santa bring me and or this industry an of the following?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I want free tickets to the darkness and creepy world for October 2009. Already got the travel crew, RV and maps, just need the tickets...
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Wow... Larry, I don't think you could get anymore subtle! ...

Anyways, I hope Sandy Claws brings everything on your list... and I think he might! hehehee. -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I want a permanent location. Somewhere I can leave up and work on all year. Room to expand outside, etc.

I would like someone to hire me. I have been working on the cruise ships for 25 years. My kids have grown up out from under me. I spend most my time on airplanes and airports, I see the writing on the wall and entertainment on the ships will be changing over the next few years and I'll be edged out.

Someone should hire me. I bring decades of entertainment experience.

Oh well. That's a lot of crap for Santa to carry.

KroneDaddy
        Hauntus Emeritus
        Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
        Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

I'm with KroneDaddy-
          I want a permanent location. Somewhere I can leave up and work on all year. Room to expand outside, etc.

I hate tearing down everything and hauling it all into 4 mini storage units when it's 40 degrees outside.
          ~Bill Mlinac
          The Deadland Haunted House
          www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
          www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

i want a macbook pro laptop so i can be productive on the 2 hour trips out to our haunt.
            Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I really wanted to add to that Santa's naughty lists! LOL

I want something smaller, but very expensive! I like Oakley sunglasses, some Billabong board shorts and some cool skullcaps for spring/summer time! My family can afford them for me!

And, I also really wanted someone else to giveaway or surprise me with some Halloween props or Home Decors things, you know? So, when I get all of them and I will save them for next year on Halloween!
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

i also want shane to return to the forums =)
                Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I want a plane ticket to the next MHC, Hauntcon and Horrorfind

*Alex*
                  Halloween, Gothic and Horror Design that will blow your mind!

Comment

not having work and school conflict with working the haunt!

tickets to HauntCon

be able to work in awesome haunts like the Darkness and Verdum Manor

Comment

Wow! What a great list Larry! What I want for Christmas is to develop off season events that will be able to generate additional revenue so that I can purchase some of the new products and technology for Raycliff Manor. As a haunted attraction owner with a new and permanent location, I have already realized one of my biggest Christmas wishes, however, with it I have also realized significant unexpected expenses. I know in the long run, the new opportunities will pay off. I'd love to see a TW seminar conducted by someone who has strong experience in off season events at their haunted attraction and hear their insights as to what has worked for them and how they promoted the events.

I'd also like to see Larry's list realized, I especially like number 7!

Kel
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Off-Season Haunt Design

Better be a design that can be operated by one or two people most of the time.
                        Being able to create enough off-season business to justify monies being paid to a crew waiting for someone to show up won't work.
                        Thinking about what exactly you are offering to the public as far as entertainment value might also need some new thinking because your place in the off season should be more of a tourist attraction versus a "Haunted House" as commonly defined by current criteria.
                        Family entertainment versus intensely shocking gore?
                        Can you afford to leave the timid ones in the van with Grandma?
                        Having the whole van full buy tickets and enjoy their experience together as a family plays much better no matter how you figure it.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Larry, I'm working on #4 and #6 for you, it's going to be a few months. But I highly agree with your take on #6, I miss Rozzy work, he made great costumes. I have costumes from him that are 9 years old and still wear as good as the day I got them. It's time to bring back the high end costumes and mask that were out in the early 90's before companies sold out to bigger companies who ship shit out to china and send us back paper thin latex mask that wouldn't even make good rubber bands not alone masks.

Comment

Dear Santa,

I want to be able to work in a haunt that has:
                            1. A permanent site
                            2. A decent budget
                            3. someone who lets me do my job
                            OR
                            I want to travel, act and teach ,makeup like a few of my friends and have fun this season!!!
                            And for the industry....
                            I want all the bad karma that has been dealt out to come back tenfold on those who deserve it.
                            It would build confidence in the industry and create an environment condusive to growth and prosperity!
                            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

I would love to find a place where I could have the haunt be permanent for year-round tours, and have an adjoining indoor area for a paintball field. I am opening an outdoor field next summer, and have heard good things already. I started advertising it so hopefully it will take off.
                              Steven
                              Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

Working...
                              X