Pneumatic Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pneumatic Newbie

I've been doing my home haunt for four years now and I think it's time for a much needed improvement. I'd really like to start using pneumatic based scares to A. Get more reliable scares B. Save some of my actors C. Get with the times! Many haunts have been using the stuff for years so I figure if I'm going to last I better get with the new technology!

Here are some things I'd like to make for 09

- A corpse laying face down on a desk, when the patrons get in front of it, the corpse falls back in its chair and sprays water out of the mouth.
    - A kitchen cupboard that slams open and close really fast for a short period of time
    - A dog that jumps out of a dog house
    - And some other stuff I can't thing of!

Anyways! My question for all of you is... Where in the HECK do I start!? I have an old air compressor but it's really loud so I don't know if I'll need to get a new one or not... But I honestly have NO KNOWLEDGE of this stuff so please please help me!
    :roll:.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Start here to learn about pneumatics for haunting. http://www.phantasmechanics.com/air/index.html

Just remember to be careful and consult those who know what they are doing. Pneuamtics can kill you if used improperly.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

i need some help to i want to have a person on a cutting table that moves into the saw when ppl walk past. i also want a person i bed that jumps up at people. next i want a thing to jump out of a box that will be on the wall. thats all i have so far i want like 5 to 7 or so.

Comment

http://www.spiderspreyground.com/howto/prop-1/programs/wbn/Beginner's%20Guide%20Pneumatics.ppt

one of the best resources

Comment

There is plenty of time before next Halloween. Keep an eye on ebay and craigslist and buy actual air parts. PVC, sprikler pop-ups and other water parts are dangerous. By the time you are done, you will probably find that you spent more money piecing together some crap than you would have spent buying new parts from someone who didn't want them on ebay.

Much safer, easier and less time consuming as well.

Comment

Working...
          X