Seeking a "how to" for outdoor haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking a "how to" for outdoor haunts

Does anyone know of any "how to" resources (books, DVDs, etc.) specifically geared towards OUTDOOR haunted attractions??

Thanks!
    TODD

PS By "outdoor" I mean haunted trails, hayrides, etc., not tents, trailers, or inflatables.

Seems like maybe there an opportunity for someone to write such a book then? I know I'd buy it!

Comment

I can tell you to check out the haunt world series dvds, on how to's for everything you need to get started! If you search other areas on this site you will find books and dvds to help you . Also, contact other Attraction owners and ask questions, there are many who are willing to help out. I have been in this Industry for 20 years........creating, directing and producing.....so if I can help you, please send me a message!! Good luck to you!!

Comment

Helpful book..

Just bought this book today from Kelly of Raycliff Manor (So you want to be a Haunt Entrepeneur.) Could be helpful if you are looking at getting into the business. http://www.eurekascreams.com/store.shtml

I have bought a few of the hauntworld magazines and thus far they are full of helpful information, websites and vendors to look into that can help you with indoor and outdoor attractions..

Let me know how things work out for ya!

Best,

Jay.

Comment

The great outdoors has some definate advantages over being indoors with some special problems to consider besides weather .
          Natural surroundings can pose special hazards like noxious plants, stickers, rotten tree limbs waiting to fall, old forgotten about rusty barbed wire (for those who stray from the official path.)
          Then the hazards on the paths, tree roots, holes, loose rocks, sharp rocks.
          An outdoor haunt "Terror at 1200" does not allow anyone in who is wearing open toed shoes because of problems customers happened to have walking in the dark at night just stubbing toes, bending toenails backwards and off!
          Take a deep breath...ravines, cliffs, bodys of water to drown in, toxic trash dumps (real ones) and of course those untamed wild animals with rabid bites , claws and lunar cycles (with no training wheels!)
          Security of the tools and masks, haunted displays is an on going problem for alot of outdoor productions unless you have a bodyguard for the place or a trained dog.
          But the ambience of the real woods and the darkest of dark nights!!!
          And remember, many pretty things grow wild in the woods, so watch that woman you brought!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X